Wrap over bridge help

What's Hot
grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3361
Whilst I wrestle with my conscience over not buying but probably should buy a strat I need some assistance wise ones on a replacement wrap over bridge. 

My Rivolta has an “intonated” wrap over bridge but it’s always slightly out and I can hear it and it bugs me. 

When I contacted them to ask about the bridge they just said the shroeder bridge was a drop in replacement. 
When I checked shroeder’s website it doesn’t list the specs just it’s a traditional Gibson spec. 

Can anyone tell me what those dimensions should be so I can sort a fully adjustable replacement out please?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72972

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • brucegillbrucegill Frets: 725
    I put a tonePro AVT2 on my Fano RB6 Standard, it used metric studs FYI. I’d assume the Rivolta probably will too. 
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3361
    Brilliant thanks very much chaps. Time to get ordering. 
    brucegill said:
    I put a tonePro AVT2 on my Fano RB6 Standard, it used metric studs FYI. I’d assume the Rivolta probably will too. 
    That’s what I assumed but I’m told it’s all imperial even the tuners are imperial. 
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7109
    tFB Trader
    Those Shroeder bridges look superb
  • brucegillbrucegill Frets: 725
    grungebob said:
    brucegill said:
    That’s what I assumed but I’m told it’s all imperial even the tuners are imperial. 
    That’s strange. It stumped me to find the “US Assembled” guitar was metric. Then read the bodies were made in Korea from memory.

Rivolter were great at replying to emails etc. Fano may as well not have an email address. Good luck! 
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4757
    Speaking from experience, if you do swap the tailpiece, make sure that the materials and weight aren't massively different.  I changed the tailpiece on my LP Special , twice in fact, and the tone is so changed I'm thinking of going back to the out of tune original.
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
  • bob28bob28 Frets: 14
    I don't like a wrap over bridges. You must have an intonation set up option.
    Thanks guys. 
    @brucegill Rivolta have emailed me back to say mine is one of the original runs and the Schroeder bridge will fit the original studs but they don’t have one to hand to measure the threads for me. 
    Speedy response from them. 
    Looks like I need to wait until the next string change to measure. 

bob28 said:
    I don't like a wrap over bridges. You must have an intonation set up option.
    All the PRS ones I've set up intonate perfectly with any standard set of strings between 9s and 11s with a plain 3rd. You do have some adjustment with the set-screws at the posts, just not for the individual strings.

I'm surprised the Rivolta one doesn't, although the offset between the G and D strings looks slightly larger.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

edited May 2020
    @ICBM unless I’m doing it wrong?
    i tuned all the strings then set the two E strings to read dead on at the 12th. 
    I need to change the tuners (although rivolta have sent me two replacements) so thought since im quite sensitive to intonation I’d change the bridge too as the D-E strings are out. 
    If both Es are dead on I've always found the ones in the middle are too. Which ones are out, and which way?

ICBM said:
    If both Es are dead on I've always found the ones in the middle are too. Which ones are out, and which way?
    The G is ever so slightly flat and the B is a touch sharp but that’s going on the G not gelling  with the D and the B without adjustments so it could be just the G in its own but the B and E don’t gell either
    Are you using 9s with an 11 B and a 16 G?

No just regular slinky 10-46 on this guitar as it’s tuned in concert pitch. 
    grungebob said:
    No just regular slinky 10-46 on this guitar as it’s tuned in concert pitch. 
    Odd. Maybe the angle of the ridge is slightly different from the PRS one then...

Could be my ears are odd