A Neal Moser Custom Guitar

What's Hot
rocktronrocktron Frets: 806
Looking for a BC Rich Zombie guitar brought me to this Neal Moser Custom guitar. 

It looks fantastic, but it is big, and one could be in danger of being impaled on it!!! 

Cost could easily be around £3,500. 

Whatever happened to BC Rich, anyway?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mjNjws3S-U
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7184
    Looks like Satan's can opener.
    Guitar Bomb & Nembrini Audio Summer Giveaway 
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7108
    tFB Trader
    Just don't knock it against anything.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • timmypixtimmypix Frets: 2455
    As far as I can tell BC Rich quietly went bust a few years back. I'm sure I've heard rumours that they have a new owner looking to restart production but I won't believe it til I see them. Similarly, Dean seem to have all but disappeared from the UK for reasons I can't quite work out.
    Tim
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23534
    edited May 2020
    I wasn't familiar with the BC Rich Zombie model the OP mentioned and had to look it up - it's rather like a less extreme version of this Neal Moser guitar.

_c199171_image_0jpg 710261 With images  Dean guitars
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 3088
    That Moser guitar is based on the BC Rich Beast which was originally designed by Brian Hoffman of Deicide.

There was some falling out between Hoffman and BC Rich so he left for Moser. Apparently he couldn't use his Beast design with Moser so he changed it a touch to what you see in that video.

I've only ever played a Beast once when I was a kid and remember it being quite cumbersome. 

But recently I have GAS for one....
  • NightswanNightswan Frets: 1460
    timmypix said:
    As far as I can tell BC Rich quietly went bust a few years back. I'm sure I've heard rumours that they have a new owner looking to restart production but I won't believe it til I see them. Similarly, Dean seem to have all but disappeared from the UK for reasons I can't quite work out.
    BC Rich have been up and running again for a while now:

https://bcrich.com/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8846
    Looks like the Daedric weapon set out of Skyrim.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • timmypixtimmypix Frets: 2455
    Nightswan said:
    timmypix said:

Intriguing! It seems their only UK "dealer" is Rosetti, which is the distributor for a load of brands, but there don't seem to be many of them in actual shops.
    Tim
    timmypix said:
    Nightswan said:
    timmypix said:

Intriguing! It seems their only UK "dealer" is Rosetti, which is the distributor for a load of brands, but there don't seem to be many of them in actual shops.

True. Not many of them have actually made it to the UK. There were a couple of the Shredzilla models on Reverb the other week...UK seller. Merchant City Music (Glasgow) have 4 models in stock.
  • skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 4233
    Nightswan said:
    timmypix said:
    Nightswan said:
    timmypix said:

True. Not many of them have actually made it to the UK. There were a couple of the Shredzilla models on Reverb the other week...UK seller. Merchant City Music (Glasgow) have 4 models in stock.
    I really like the look of those Shredzillas, although a little less bling would be nice. I follow them on instagram and there's been quite a sustained marketing push over the last few months 
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23534
    Hard to find much about who actually owns the company now.  All I can find is that "some of the master luthiers who originally built and shaped the brand" are involved.
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24787
    I think Moser is back with BC Rich.

they are really active on Facebook.

Loads of model updates, new signature models.
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11713
    tFB Trader
    Rosetti is their UK DISTRIBUTOR, they are not a dealer.
    However trying to find bricks and mortar shops willing to stock the brand is possibly proving to be tricky when everyone is obsessed with vintage and relic'd whatever.

Likewise I think Dean have lost availability in UK when their UK DISTRIBUTOR  Bill Lewingtons ran into difficulties and seem to have closed down.

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• rocktronrocktron Frets: 806
    Stevepage said:
    That Moser guitar is based on the BC Rich Beast which was originally designed by Brian Hoffman of Deicide.

There was some falling out between Hoffman and BC Rich so he left for Moser. Apparently he couldn't use his Beast design with Moser so he changed it a touch to what you see in that video.

I've only ever played a Beast once when I was a kid and remember it being quite cumbersome. 

But recently I have GAS for one....
    I think you are correct.

I checked the Neal Moser website and the guitar shown in the OP video is referred to as the "Spawn NT Original Lawsuit Model", now discontinued,

So, as you say, there appears to have been some legal wranglings concerning the BC Rich Beast copyrights..

https://www.nealmoserguitars.com/store/store_results.php?pageNum_Catalog=0&totalRows_Catalog=14&SubCat=57&Section=Spawn+NT+-+Original+%22Lawsuit%22+Discontinued
    I really like the look of those Shredzillas, although a little less bling would be nice. I follow them on instagram and there's been quite a sustained marketing push over the last few months
    Yeah...it would be a Shredzilla I'd be after too. Agreed on the bling...they went overboard on the abalone on most of the new models. I'm gonna sit tight and wait until they hit Ebay/Reverb used for around the £750 mark.
  • ExorcistExorcist Frets: 666
    I think Neil is now doing some work for the new BC Rich custom shop. From my personal experience, Neil is a really good guy and has been helpful with questions I have had over the last 20 odd years. He worked for BC Rich back in the day, designed the full electronics as well as the 'Bich', which I think they have always had joint copyright of. BC Rich have attempted a few comebacks with some terrible squabbling and infighting. I just hope they are going to make something of the brand again, unfortunately most of what I see is aweful bling with abalone everywhere. Although a couple of single pickup single colour models I have seen look better. IMHO.