SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: Wide Range Humbucker - vintage Fender

Tadragh1Tadragh1 Frets: 70
edited June 2020 in Parts £
I have a 1978 Fender Telecaster Deluxe with a non-original neck pickup. The replacement is a modded current reissue. I am contemplating replacing it with the real thing, if the price is right, that is. Anyone?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Tadragh1Tadragh1 Frets: 70
    Bump - looking for a vintage Fender WRHB, or Creamery, or Seymour Duncan, or Lollar Low Wind etc.
    Bumpity. I'd be happy with either a bridge or a neck specimen.
  • jaymenonjaymenon Frets: 826
    edited June 2020
    Did you check out the Mojotone Alnico jobbie on eBay?  Nothing to do with me...
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/233605539584
    Thanks, @jaymenon! Yeah, I've seen that. I am suspicious of the DCR lower than Mojotone specs and the "adjustable alnico magnets". And in general, Mojotone WRHB demos on YouTube really didn't do it for me so... I'd rather pass on this one.
    Yeah, I'm a picky bastard,  I know.
  • JohnnysevenJohnnyseven Frets: 908
    If I were you i'd go straight to Jaime at The Creamery and ask him to wind one for you to your spec. You'll have to wait a while for him to make it, but it'll probably be quicker than waiting for one to come up for sale.
    My trading feedback can be seen here - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58242/
    Actually I've been in touch with Ash @ Oil City about this matter. Maybe we can sort something out - in the meantime, still looking.
    I've ended up pulling the trigger on a WRHB made by Catswhisker Pickups. I am still on the lookout for a vintage one, though.
    Just a bought a vintage one, so if someone would like an unused Catswhisker WRHB, drop me a line...