Ernie Ball M steel

What's Hot
justtt007justtt007 Frets: 205
Just opened a new pack of these and the g b and light e were all corroded same in the 3 other packs? Anyone else had any issues with these? They aren't cheap either ☹️
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7866
    edited May 2020
    That's why I use Daddario, EBs just can't sit on the shelf long term.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • justtt007justtt007 Frets: 205
    Really disappointed, they only arrived yesterday, luckily I ordered a couple of sets of elixir polywebs to try as I've never strayed from Ernie Ball, think they'll be my last set, will Order some Daddario to try as well
  • musteatbrainmusteatbrain Frets: 883
    I’ve had problems and moved to daddario after 20 years
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2176
    Yeah I've had a few rusty ernie balls. Switched to daddarios
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • donbotdonbot Frets: 362
    Yep, me too. Elixir opti and nanos only for me these days. 
    Just fitted the polywebs I've never felt strings like them, they have an unbelievably slick feel to them
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FezFez Frets: 538
    I wonder if EB are suffering something similar to Dean Markley had 3 or 4 years ago.
    Don't touch that dial.
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24780
    justtt007 said:
    Just fitted the polywebs I've never felt strings like them, they have an unbelievably slick feel to them
    The Optiwebs are a step up again!

EB have had some shocking QC issues lately. Their flagship Cobalt Flats bass strings are brilliant... if a non-corroded packed can be found. At £50 for a set I'm just not willing to take the chance anymore.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Think I'm an elixir user from now on, shame I've used Ernie Ball my whole life but I wouldn't even dare comment on them to their CS as they REALLY don't like criticism lol
  • welshboyowelshboyo Frets: 1831
    I've just fitted a set of the D'Addario XT's and so far so good - I've been an Elixir user for many years and have always found normal strings to feel a bit "rough"  - these XT's feel similar to Elixirs so far
  • I like the whole idea of Elixir strings and they do last for a very long time. However I can't get past the sound of them. Compared to regular d'addario EXL's they are tinny and harsh sounding. I had a chance to do a direct comparison and it was an eye opening experience. 
    The polywebs I find very mellow and quite even sounding but haven't tried the others yet