NGD + Review - Martin OM28v

jcgairesjcgaires Frets: 1
edited May 2020 in Guitar
So, i just added a new member to the collection.
This time it is a Martin  OM28V from 2002. Previous owner said its been in its case under the bed for the last 12 years and i believe it. It's mint.

Here is the collection from left to right: Martin 00-28 (2017), Taylor 412ce LTD 12th fret (2017), Martin OM28V.

https://imgur.com/MVF2Yy4

So, as for reviewing/comparing:

Playability:

I totally feel the diference from "Taylor Playability", 00 Short scale and OM long scale. The frets on the OM are way taller and it is indeed more difficult to play than the other two. The Taylor is by far the easiest one to play. Its like butter. If you prefer taller and bigger frets and string spacing, the OM is the one for you, if you have small hands like me, then the Taylor takes the prize with the 00 coming between the two.

Sound:

As for the sound i feel like the OM and the Taylor are very very close, the Taylor having a bit more shine and mid range. 
The 00 has less volume as expected. 
I feel like i prefer the Taylor for fingerpicking and OM for strumming. The Taylor has a clearer sound with more string separation while the OM is a bit more oomph. 
I actually think the Taylor has a bit more volume and bass than the other ones. The Taylor is a Grand Concert body type and maybe the deeper body and shorter scale is to blame there.

Aesthetics:

Totally subjective but my vote goes: Back and sides goes to the Taylor and the top view goes to the OM (though i'm not the hugest fan of aging toner, this one looks good).

Now that i have compared these 3 beauties i will have to choose which one to keep since i want to dive deeper into electric guitars and need the money to fund that new venture p will be a tough one

Those are my 2 cents, have a great day everybody
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom