wondering if i can get some help with my wiring

hello everyone!

got some micro burns trisonic and excitedly got them all wired up today, but i really need to stop following diagrams and learn what im doing becasue troubleshooting is impossible

so the burns come with 3 wires, 2 green and a red/black/white, different for each pickup. I assumed the grounds were the greens so soldered them together

i followed this diagram, with the switch for a 7 way, becasue i dont like pull up pots, i used one half of a DPDT rather than an SPDT

https://www.sixstringsupplies.co.uk/gilmour-strat-wiring-mod

i also wanted to test out a bit of phasing, so i added a switch with this (next link) to my middle pickup, so i can switch it in and out and get a bit more range tonally

https://www.warmanguitars.co.uk/2019/03/04/how-to-wire-a-phase-reversal-switch-into-your-guitar-pickups/

now, the wiring went well, but I have no idea what i have done and why its coming out the way it is.
This is what happens on my 5 switches (neck switch is the 7 way david gilmour trick)

1 just neck, neck switch turns it off
2 all three, neck switch turns all off, phase switch makes them all a bit crackly
3 neck and bridge, neck switch turns both off
4 neck and bridge, neck switch does nothing
5 bridge, neck switch turns neck on/off

phase switch does nothing for any of the other settings because the middle pickup isnt coming through.

also i notice when the neck switch is turned off there is a hum (more prominent in position 3) but its not a normal hum, its a slow rhythmic on and off , on for a secong, off for a second

i really hope someone can help put me on the path to knowing what im soldering where, and why!

thanks in advance for anyone who can spare me some time

J

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14434
    edited May 2020
    Duplicate Discussion.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom