Tele build - Recommendation for UK pickups

Hi everyone, 
looking for some ideas for pickups from Uk makers for my Tele build.  Ive been doing online research and getting bewildered by the choice tbh. 

In terms of what I like - even in a Tele I like a slightly smoother, less trebly , pick up.    Plenty of bass response from the neck. 
I play blues, rock , and getting into a bit of bebop blues jazz stuff. 

Considering second hand pickups too. 

cheers
Pete

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• springheadspringhead Frets: 1596
    Very happy with the Oil City Honky Tonk Angel pickups in my tele. I similarly don't want too much ice pick and use it for blues and rock.

• PeteCPeteC Frets: 409
    even though my hearing is a bit stunted at the top end from lots of gigging, I can't stand anything too "ice picky" these days. Its probably related ! 
  • mikeneticmikenetic Frets: 70
    I'd' suggest having a chat with the guys at Tonerider. They've always been helpful when I've had questions about matching pickups to intended use.

I had a pair of their Hot Classics in a Tele (currently under rebuild, and I will be fitting their Alnico IV humbucker in the neck) - I really liked them, and their prices are very reasonable.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27038
    BKP Boss for me. A little hotter and fatter than vintage and absolutely brilliant. I also had a very similar set from Mojo, and I'm 100% Oil City would be awesome as well.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    thanks all - I'll check out these suggestions
  • CorvusCorvus Frets: 2925
    tFB Trader
    There's the Creamery too. I have several pickups from Fletcher Pickups and can't fault any of them. He"ll tweak any of his offerings if you ask or advise on a choice.
    I've been eyeing up Sunbear lately too but not tried any yet.
    Picked up a couple of second hand tonerider hot classics on eBay just to get the guitar built and will check some others out after that.  Quite like look of the creamery and the oil city stuff at the mo.   They all look pretty damn good tbh.