How do I record music backing tracks from CD's onto Reaper?

What's Hot
I have only just started recording using an Interface onto PC etc and after some advice on here went with Reaper, so far so good.
Today I thought I would record some backing tracks so I could later play along with and record on a second track, then put on a CD.
Thats as far as I can get, I can't record the backing tracks, I've changed the ASio setting which I use with my Focusrite, to WASAPI windows with Device speaker in loopback, as I previously did with Audacity, which I have previously done and just tried again which works, but Reaper just keeps coming up with different errors no matter what settings I change to!

So if someone could guide me what I'm doing wrong would be most grateful
Thanks
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• blobbblobb Frets: 2977
    Rip the track from cd and import the WAV into a Reaper track. Probably easiest way.  FreeRIP is a good, er, free ripper...
    Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
  • BeexterBeexter Frets: 599
    Sammy said:
    I have only just started recording using an Interface onto PC etc and after some advice on here went with Reaper, so far so good.
    Today I thought I would record some backing tracks so I could later play along with and record on a second track, then put on a CD.
    Thats as far as I can get, I can't record the backing tracks, I've changed the ASio setting which I use with my Focusrite, to WASAPI windows with Device speaker in loopback, as I previously did with Audacity, which I have previously done and just tried again which works, but Reaper just keeps coming up with different errors no matter what settings I change to!

So if someone could guide me what I'm doing wrong would be most grateful
    Thanks
    I'm having similar frustrations trying to select the right drivers and inputs/ outputs for different interfaces so will be watching for any replies with interest.
    If anyone knows of any decent idiots ( and I'm as idiotic as they come in this arena) guide videos to help make sense of driver formats, routing, interfaces etc, please let me know. 
  • SammySammy Frets: 129
    Just found how to do it on YouTube after searching for ages from just one small video, its so easy!
    Link below if anyone needs it

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom