Help me out please

horsehorse Frets: 1583
Well actually, please help my mate James out:

He's assembling a lockdown choir outro for a track on his 2nd album. Basically record yourself singing along and send him the isolated vocal wav by 24/05/20:

Standsidebyside@yahoo.com

He says he's particularly looking for more male vocal contributions to balance things out.

@bridgehouse I guess you might be too flat out with work, but give it a go if you can please mate

@victorludorum - not sure if you come here anymore, but would be great if you could help

And anybody else who fancies it - he's just trying to get a big mass solidarity sound going, so don't worry about perfect takes or pitch

Cheers
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    I’ll have a look over the weekend - got more time then!
  • horsehorse Frets: 1583
    I’ll have a look over the weekend - got more time then!
    Cheers buddy - you'll hear what's required straight away
  • victorludorumvictorludorum Frets: 1025
    How quickly does he need it done by? I only ask as all my gear is in cupboards that are covered by dust sheets at the moment as I'm decorating the room. I should be done by this weekend, so i could have a go next week if I manage to finish the plastering on time.
    How quickly does he need it done by? I only ask as all my gear is in cupboards that are covered by dust sheets at the moment as I'm decorating the room. I should be done by this weekend, so i could have a go next week if I manage to finish the plastering on time.
     If you could manage it by the 24th that would be great please, but no worries if not. Are you still en francais / how's things?
    horse said:
     If you could manage it by the 24th that would be great please, but no worries if not. Are you still en francais / how's things?

Yes, still here, and enjoying it, so no plans to move. I'm still playing and writing, but I've had quite a lot of work on recently, which has slowed me down a bit, but it pushed me into finishing some older, half-finished stuff, so that's good. Are you still overstretched as always?
    horse said:

Yes, still here, and enjoying it, so no plans to move. I'm still playing and writing, but I've had quite a lot of work on recently, which has slowed me down a bit, but it pushed me into finishing some older, half-finished stuff, so that's good. Are you still overstretched as always?
     I was expanding my tribute bookings, but obviously that's all gone now. I'm part way through setting things up for a change around of equipment, but struggling for motivation as it's quite boring.

In terms of original stuff I did the keys for that new James Harbidge album just before lockdown, but other than that everything is stalled.

I'm spending some time messing with synthesis though.

So no - not stretched at all on the music front
    I seem to remember that the last time we spoke you were more than flat out, so maybe this 'pause' will be a good thing in the long run.
    I presume he just wants the singing to be in unison, rather than loads of harmonies?
    I seem to remember that the last time we spoke you were more than flat out, so maybe this 'pause' will be a good thing in the long run.
    I presume he just wants the singing to be in unison, rather than loads of harmonies?
     Yes, unison in the first instance, although I did send him a separate take with a harmony too. On the original demo he had stacked a harmony one up on the 3rd time around, then another on top of that for the final time. I suspect he'll do the same again, although when he asked for contributions he obviously couldn't tell what he'd get back from who.

It's quite an interesting experiment really - I guess he will drench the "choir" in reverb and make it sound a bit like another brick in the wall but with adults instead of kids.