Parkinsons Disease

What's Hot

Comments

• Fk me I've had a right tumble down the stairs, it's only a scratch but it kills, I reckon bruises in multiple areas tomorrow, and boy have a squished my plums (I won't post a photo of that).. 

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4924
     :o You didn't wanna do that! Take it easy, please!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • greejngreejn Frets: 128
    Watched a very compelling Youtube video on the causes of PD by top American doctor. A lot of it centres on air pollution, chemical exposure and reducing risk.
  • greejngreejn Frets: 128
    Dr. Ray Dorsey, the Empowering neurologist.
  • KDSKDS Frets: 221
    ouch... that's look nasty cut. Tele + cranked amp might help :)
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18893
    That will sting, although thankfully it looks superficial. The bruises & possible hidden strains & sprains that might show up later could hurt more. Try alternating cold & hot showers or baths. Hope you recover soon & maybe lay off the stage diving practice for a while   ;)  :+1: 

• SnapSnap Frets: 6265
    those sorts of scratches/bruises always really hurt especially when you do it right there. Hope all is manageable Dave, and family well etc.
    J
  • Boy was I aching this morning, managed to go work tho but mainly stayed in my portacabin office and sorted out duty of care sheets and assisted drivers in the 5000 tonnes of grit salt we are currently having delivered.  No work till next Monday now so time to rest.

Snap said:
    those sorts of scratches/bruises always really hurt especially when you do it right there. Hope all is manageable Dave, and family well etc.
    J
    We're all good matey thanks for asking.
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3340
    I don’t know if you have read anything about this but there’s been some serious work recently on psilocybin to treat Parkinson’s and other neurological disorders?

Boy was I aching this morning, managed to go work tho but mainly stayed in my portacabin office and sorted out duty of care sheets and assisted drivers in the 5000 tonnes of grit salt we are currently having delivered.  No work till next Monday now so time to rest.

Snap said:
    J
    We're all good matey thanks for asking.
    Good to hear.

I can't remember if I mentioned this a while ago; my Dad was treated for Parkinson's for 11 years. He had all the tests & coifmrned diagnosis and was on Madopar and something else. Lost his driving license because of it, got very isolated (lives on his own) and got quite depressed. When being reviewed for his mental health problems, a new young consultant had a dig into his treatment and medical history. Turns out he never had Parkinson's. The symptoms were being caused by a load of medication for a mental health condition he also didn't have, that was misdiagnosed in the 80s. He also has kidney damage from decades of lithium. Now that he is off all the mental health drugs he's been fit and well and fine for years. 

Not good. 

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @Snap damn that's fkd up but with a happy outcome. 

I remember a story about a doctor from where I live who mis diagnosed epilepsy in a load of children.. just HOW does that happen.... :anguished: 
  • Well I seen bad news on the cards, I have it. Luckily I have a bottle of Larios in the frídge.. all is now better.
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4924
    Good gin makes everything better  ;)

Best wishes as always, bro.

• strumjoughlampsstrumjoughlamps Frets: 3291
    Nitefly said:
    Good gin makes everything better  ;)

Best wishes as always, bro.

Yeah it sure does..

Well I'm back on the sick, tbh I have a feeling that this is the start of the end of my working life.

I'm also dealing with the news of my best mate (real proper best mate, in fact best mate is an understatement) who received the news last week that unless he has another operation (cancer) he won't survive the year, problem being he is too weak to have the operation so he is currently in hospital on a drip for 2-3 weeks to see if they can get him strong enough to have the op.
    @strumjoughlamps ;

shine on mate, a lot to deal with, hope you are coping OK. If not, get some Rough Justice cranked up........still remember your very funny jough rustice parody clips.......between them and RATT we've got it all covered...!
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13569
    positive vibes, poo's and anything else heading your way mate
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4192
    Very sorry to hear I hope you get the help you need & it does not progress 
  • strumjoughlampsstrumjoughlamps Frets: 3291
    @snowblind yeah lots of forward progression with neurological disorders and I do believe one day they will crack it.

https://www.parkinsons.org.uk/news/new-treatment-parkinsons-made-available-nhs-england#:~:text=Foslevodopa-foscarbidopa (also%20called%20Produodopa,with%20Parkinson's%20expected%20to%20benefit.

This is a great leap forward and yes less than 1000 to benefit doesn't sound much but when you think the UK has around 68m people and only 150k have Parkinson's, helping 1000 is quite a percentage.
  • snowblindsnowblind Frets: 296
    There's also quite a lot of work around the preventative lifestyle aspects which should help more than a few hopefully.
    Main one seems to be staying fit after 50. Granted it is so difficult to sift the genuine facts from the fads/sales pitches now but strength training is being shown to slow down all sorts of otherwise degenerative conditions. 

If the idea catches on we'll all be sporting rock-hard abs and checking out guitars that don't have belly cuts. Expect sales of 8kg Les Pauls to increase. 

Old, overweight and badly maintained. Unlike my amps which are just old and overweight.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom