Coda , Lowden guitars.

What's Hot
artiebearartiebear Frets: 810
This is a real long shot, but just wondering if anyone here has played the Lowden F38 that has been on the Coda website for some time now ? It's not a shop I get to visit being a) at the other end of the country and b) a rare visitor to guitar shops if I'm totally honest.
I've been playing my 20 plus year old 032 a lot these last few days and remembering why I have had at least one Lowden in my life for well over 30 years now.
I played an O38 about 25 years ago and have been a little bit in love with the aesthetics and tone of that guitar ever since. I am toying with the idea of either finding one or getting in touch with Lowden to get one built, assuming that they still have the wood stash to do it.
I know well the differences between F and O series guitars, but would be interested in anyones up close and personal opinions on the Coda guitar. My preference is for an O but it's worth checking anyway. In terms of geography a trip across to NI would be a fairly easy drive and ferry trip once we get some semblance of normality, having done it many times before. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    The guys who run Coda are really nice to deal with - it's my local GAS emporium. Call them and have a chat - you can buy, try and return if you don't like it.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • artiebearartiebear Frets: 810
    Fretwired said:
    The guys who run Coda are really nice to deal with - it's my local GAS emporium. Call them and have a chat - you can buy, try and return if you don't like it.
    Thanks for that, that's really useful. Might need to check that guitar out.
  • pjfpjf Frets: 331
    I’ll PM you, artiebear.