helix native crashes reaper

What's Hot
Not really sure where to post this. 

I installed the trial version of helix native yesterday and it worked fine. 

Today, every time I try to open it it crashes reaper. I've rebooted but still the same. 

As far as I know nothing else has changed. 

Any thoughts on what I could try? 

Thanks
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• LodiousLodious Frets: 1946
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22167
    relic245 said:
    Not really sure where to post this. 

I installed the trial version of helix native yesterday and it worked fine. 

Today, every time I try to open it it crashes reaper. I've rebooted but still the same. 

As far as I know nothing else has changed. 

Any thoughts on what I could try? 

Thanks
    Yes it does this. Simply uninstall and reinstall it. I have a smidge of memory that says it's something to do with the authentication system. 

And refer to this thread as well!

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=223278

• siremoonsiremoon Frets: 1524
    I had this a while ago and what fixed it for me was uninstall Native, delete any Native vst files still there, re-install Native.  Been perfect since.
    “He is like a man with a fork in a world of soup.” - Noel Gallagher
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1527
    edited May 2020
    I had something similar with a plugin.. I think i right clicked Reaper icon/Properties/ compatibility /run this programme as administrator and tick box.
  • andy_kandy_k Frets: 818
    Windows 'security' features being changed in an update?
  • relic245relic245 Frets: 962
    JAYJO said:
    I had something similar with a plugin.. I think i right clicked Reaper icon/Properties/ compatibility /run this programme as administrator and tick box.
    This one seems to have done the job. Thanks JOYJO. 

Interestingly it seems to have reset the trial period back to full 15 days again. Happy days!
    relic245 said:
    JAYJO said:

Interestingly it seems to have reset the trial period back to full 15 days again. Happy days!
    Oh dear, 

today it has stopped working again. Such a shame, I really like it and was going to buy it but I can't be doing with something that works 1 day and not the next. 
    relic245 said:
    relic245 said:
    JAYJO said:

Oh dear, 

today it has stopped working again. Such a shame, I really like it and was going to buy it but I can't be doing with something that works 1 day and not the next. 

Uninstall, delete any residual Helix vst files, re-install.
    siremoon said:
    relic245 said:
    relic245 said:
    JAYJO said:

Oh dear, 

Uninstall, delete any residual Helix vst files, re-install.
    Done that several times. 

It get it working again and then the next day it isn't working. Not always even the next day. 

Yesterday I had a project going. Came back to it a couple of hours later (reaper was still open) , inserted a new track, tried to add helix and it crashed. 
    edited May 2020
    I assume this is vst3 as that was aiui causing the issues most people had?  If so have you tried vst2?
    edited May 2020
    siremoon said:
    I assume this is vst3 as that was aiui causing the issues most people had?  If so have you tried vst2?
    I set that up yesterday, so far it's been OK but only over a very short time period. 

Fingers crossed as I am really enjoying using it. 
    edited May 2020
    relic245 said:
    Oh dear, 

During the demo period, Native did the same to me. Installed on the first day, if I tried using it over 24 hours later it would crash. Uninstalled it, reinstalled, it would work again for another 24 hours. Kept following the cycle. 

I bought it anyway. Cleared all the files away. Installed the vst3 version only. 

Not one crash since and I've had the paid version since April 21st. 

Thanks that is very encouraging.