New Martin. Happy bunny.

What's Hot
boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12369
 I have a perfectly good Takamine (which is now in the classifieds) but I'm really struggling to play a dread these days, it's causing me a lot of pain in my fretting arm due to the body style. I tried out a friend's 000 and it's just so much more comfortable. So when I spotted Peach were doing these OM18 Anthems at a reduced price with 0% interest it definitely got my attention.

First guitar I've ever bought blind, but it's a beauty. Very comfortable neck, nicely set up and I love the sound of it; the mahogany back and sides add a real richness to the low strings and the top ones absolutely zing, it's definitely a keeper. I had no plans to get an electro but it's a nice option to have.

Peach were a pleasure to deal with, their 0% finance thing was easy and I got approval within literally a few minutes. Ordered it Friday evening, delivery was Wednesday with a timed delivery slot via DPD.   

On with the saucy pics! 

0reaction image LOL 12reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• fishfingersfishfingers Frets: 103
    Very nice guitar and a good deal too!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • J.PJ.P Frets: 44
    Lovely mate! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7770
    00018s are great, excellent choice :)
  • Phil_CPhil_C Frets: 252
    Motherrrrrfu... :) :) Very very coincidentally I Have a Takamine and I WANT a small bodied Martin. But my wife to be would kill me.

Excellent guitar mate. 

This has fuelled the GAS 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • EpsilonEpsilon Frets: 615
    Very classy. Congrats!
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3496
    Sitka/Mahogany/Long Scale/OM Body Shape

Martin make superb guitars.

IMO, as good as it gets.
  • teradaterada Frets: 5113
    Stunning! Having recently started playing a 000 size (coming from dreads), it really is incredible how much more comfortable they are!

Enjoy!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12369
    Phil_C said:
    Motherrrrrfu... :) :) Very very coincidentally I Have a Takamine and I WANT a small bodied Martin. But my wife to be would kill me.

Excellent guitar mate. 

This has fuelled the GAS 
    Now's the time to bag one, there's a couple of dealers knocking these out at £700 off because they'r'e now discontinued according to the Martin site. Peach have the best finance deal...12 or 24 months interest free with a minimum 20% deposit. Don't want you to fall out with your bride to be, but just saying................ ;)
  • artiebearartiebear Frets: 810
    Mmm that is nice, I can hear that lovely crisp mahogany tone from here. As time has gone by I have definitely come round from rosewood to mahogany Martins. The recent range 000,OM and D18’s are stunning value and as good as they have produced for a long time. 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27005
    Stunning! 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    artiebear said:
    Mmm that is nice, I can hear that lovely crisp mahogany tone from here. As time has gone by I have definitely come round from rosewood to mahogany Martins. The recent range 000,OM and D18’s are stunning value and as good as they have produced for a long time. 
    Yes it’s a flawless build as far as I can see. It was the demo video on the Peach site that swung it for me, such a beautiful bell like tone from the mahogany and it just sustains so well. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TheOtherDennisTheOtherDennis Frets: 2011
    That is luurvely. I checked out the video you mentioned and I really can't blame you for jumping all over that one.
    If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
  • greggreg66greggreg66 Frets: 503
    What a beauty!
  • elkayelkay Frets: 77
    edited May 2020
    Brilliant guitar. Am I right in thinking that this comes with a tusq saddle? If so, I would definitely recommend swopping it for a bone one. I did that with my 000-18, and it thickened up the tone ever so slightly, but noticeably, with a nice bit of sparkle.
    edited June 2020
    elkay said:
    Brilliant guitar. Am I right in thinking that this comes with a tusq saddle? If so, I would definitely recommend swopping it for a bone one. I did that with my 000-18, and it thickened up the tone ever so slightly, but noticeably, with a nice bit of sparkle.
    I don’t know to be honest. Seeing as a) I’m happy with it as it is and b) I’ve got tinnitus in one ear so my hearing isn’t that great anyway, I’m not going to start tinkering with it. 
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6391
    An absolute belter ! Does it smell good too ? Rosewood ones smell bloody great !!!!
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • teradaterada Frets: 5113
    Jalapeno said:
    An absolute belter ! Does it smell good too ? Rosewood ones smell bloody great !!!!
    I bet it does! My all hog 000 smells superb. 

That said I think a lot of the smell comes from the ribbon lining which is made from cedar. 
  • danishbacondanishbacon Frets: 2695
    Some collective hole sniffing going on huh (guilty as charged)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    It definitely had a lovely whiff to it when I opened up the case. I’ve got it out on a stand now so don’t notice it as much. I’m making a determined effort to play every day, if it’s stuck in a case I’m less likely to pick it up. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • boogieman said:
    It definitely had a lovely whiff to it when I opened up the case. I’ve got it out on a stand now so don’t notice it as much. I’m making a determined effort to play every day, if it’s stuck in a case I’m less likely to pick it up. 
    It'll open out sooner and start sounding better on the stand, too (obviously dependent on the humidity, but you know what I mean.
    If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.