Presonus Studio One problem- please help

What's Hot
Hi guys,
Being a complete beginner if it comes to recording I'm having a hard time getting my guitar recorded through Studio One , are you aware of any straightforward tutorials that I can check? I've got a Marshall DSL5 that has the line out for recording but I really have no idea how to connect it to my AudioBox. Also is it possible to upload the backing track in mp3 to Studio One and play/record to it?
Thanks.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• maltingsaudiomaltingsaudio Frets: 3127
    You tube search presonus studio 1 training loads of instructional videos there, and yes you should be able to load the mp3 into the desk and play it back and jam along to it. As to connecting your Marshall take a lead from the recording out straight into any channel of the Presonus, you may need a balanced jack to Xlr male lead to make the connection . When you’ve done this and strum your guitar you should see the signal lights appear in the channel strip on your desk and when you connect your desk via the usb to your computer and launch your recording software you should see it there too
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2084
    You should be able to drag an mp3 or wav file directly onto the S1 arranger window and it will become a track.

Regards the input, you need to have setup your S1 routing in I/O preferences to ensure the audio box I out gets directed to a track...can you post a screen shot of what you have ?

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • Hi. You can drag the track into studio one. 
    Then select another track to add your guitar.

In preferences you need to select the audio box for audio in and out.

First just plug your guitar in and make sure when you press record (making sure monitor is on) that you can hear yourself, if there is latency that can be adjusted 

Once you have done that just try adding the line out of the amp into the audio box

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

• Oh and so many great Studio one tutorials on YouTube. 

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

• AdiAdi Frets: 331
    Thanks very much guys, with your help I was actually able to record to the backing tracks for the first time and it sounded half decent so well chuffed
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom