Maestro vibrola installation questions

I have managed to find a long maestro vibrola to fit to my SG special but have a couple of queries:

It’s arrived without fixing screws, will scratchplate fixing screws be adequate or will it need some longer ones?

Also, I’m assuming that the bridge grounding wire is attached to the tailpiece bushing and not the tuneomatic bridge bushing. How do you go about pulling the bushings out so that the grounding wire can be attached to the underside of the maestro?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72411
    It will need longer and larger ones than pickguard screws - I would use a minimum of 20mm x 4mm.

The easiest way to make the ground connection is to put a long pickup height spring into the treble-side tailpiece bushing so it presses on the underside of the Maestro spring.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• guitarcookie1guitarcookie1 Frets: 464
    ICBM said:
    It will need longer and larger ones than pickguard screws - I would use a minimum of 20mm x 4mm.

The easiest way to make the ground connection is to put a long pickup height spring into the treble-side tailpiece bushing so it presses on the underside of the Maestro spring.
    Thank you :)

Genius idea re the earth spring, that’s going to save a ton of faffing.