Overrated Or Consistently Diappointing Gear Reviewers / Demos

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72389
    matt1973 said:
    There are however some very prominent YouTubers that have certainly run their course, Gearmandude's format is very, very stayed and Schnobel's head-to-head demos are a great cure for insomnia. Dull players too - I generally give those guys a miss.
    Not picking on you in particular, but I find this odd. If I'm watching a gear demo, I couldn't care less whether the guy is an interesting player, I just want to hear the gear. I usually want to hear very simple playing so you can actually hear the sound. They do have to be able to play tolerably well so the sounds 'work', but that's about as far as it goes.

Generally the more "entertainment" they try to put in, the worse it is.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4139
    Prymaxe Vintage are the top of my list now, followed by PGS. Prymaxe don't bother with any talking, just a nice descriptive ticker tape along the bottom of their vids, and the video itself is showing you the exact settings being used, and usually the guitar & pickup selection too.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    edited June 2014
    ^ agree that Prymaxe are good, although the tasteful fusion style gets a bit much at times, for some pedals I want them to crank out something a bit more lively.
  • hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2352
    Pete Thorn, NStuff and Matts Music for me. PT is a cut above, inspirational and a very likeable on screen personality which makes watching/listening enjoyable.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • prh777prh777 Frets: 143
    Ryan Bruce. Or fluff. Puts some good demos together suited to rock and metal. Good recording tops as well.
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    edited June 2014
    I like Paul Riaro & Brett Kingman. Ive said this before on here but Rob Chappers reminds me of a guy on my photography course years ago, probably made in the same home counties/minor league publc school factory. Its too weird to watch. I met a guy at a Party last year who also looked & sounded like Rob Chappers so there must be some factory knocking them out in Taiwan or somewhere. Its like the " serious British Sportsman" factory where everyones fucking dull like Tim Henman. But the demo s that fuck me off are the ones with a guy demoing a hi gain pedal then they set it to lo gain & play country licks. Its so irritating, or the ones where they just talk. If your demoing a high gain pedal, play some John Sykes licks or something...
  • stefjuddstefjudd Frets: 40

Pete Thorn consistently disappoints my bank account!
    +1 for Pete Thorn, his demos are always excellent.