SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Martin 000-18, £1550

What's Hot
DB1DB1 Frets: 5025
edited June 2020 in Acoustics £
My New Year's Resolution was to not buy any more guitars. I did pretty well up until about January 6th, and have, since then, bought about fifteen guitars and three amps. Limited success, you might say.

'At last! You've come to your senses and are cutting down', I hear you cry. Well, not exactly - this is going towards funding another purchase that I've convinced myself that I must have and then will no doubt sell again in three weeks. This is a 2008 model 000-18, very sweet sounding, with a low action that will also suit electric players who want a similar feel from an acoustic, and who want to shove in a few jazz chords up the neck.

Acoustics aren't really my thing, so if you ask me a question, I'll probably have to look it up, unless the question is 'has it got a case?', in which case I can answer that. It has. it's in very nice condition, with no real marks or blemishes that I can see, although I failed to find the door handle at Specsavers once. Really.

I'm in Stafford, and won't subject little Martin to the horrors of the post, but you're welcome to collect, maintaining suitable social distancing procedures involving staying outdoors, sanitiser, protective gloves and me wearing rubber from head to foot, which admittedly is more for recreational purposes.

Alternatively, I can arrange a special courier, which will be me. Same rules apply, except for the rubber, maybe, as it gets hot in the car. I can do reasonable distances, so we can always have a chat about that. Also happy to meet (whilst maintaining the social distancing rules, naturally) in seedy laybys, public lavatories and deserted parks after dusk. Or, more unpleasantly.... motorway service stations. Etc.

No PayPal, thanks, and I don't do cash these days, just in case. In fact, there's not much that I do, apart from bank transfers.  But I'm surprisingly amiable in spite of being a miserable git. Just PM me if interested, even it's only about the rubber. Cheers.

Call me Dave.
2reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• danishbacondanishbacon Frets: 2695
    I’m not sure whether I like the guitar or the ad copy better
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    edited May 2020
    God that's lovely!  Sure you don't fancy a swap for my Brook D
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5025
    That Brook's really nice, but I need the cash for another purchase. I'm so weak.
    Call me Dave.
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9571
    Lovely guitar again Dave, and even better write up...

I do believe that your ads are the best on the forum; mind you, Im so glad about the lock down. I couldn't visit your place right now, without walking out with some brilliant guitar or another.

Ha, thanks @Wazmeister - I just babble on because I'm usually so sozzled that I forget what I'm on about.

I do have in mind our conversation some months ago, when we agreed that it was best to just focus on the minimal amount of guitars and equipment and concentrate on what we need, not what what we 'want'.

Well, that worked well.
    Call me Dave.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9571
    DB1 said:
    Ha, thanks @Wazmeister - I just babble on because I'm usually so sozzled that I forget what I'm on about.

I do have in mind our conversation some months ago, when we agreed that it was best to just focus on the minimal amount of guitars and equipment and concentrate on what we need, not what what we 'want'.

Well, that worked well.
    You are so right mate !

it did sound very inspirational at the time.... I blame my short term memory.

Still, I have had a profound thought;

Next year (no rush), I’m going to actually start
    playing my geetars, as opposed to keep researching about them...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 2201
    I had one of these last year. Great guitars. 
  • Great ad. Beautiful guitar.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Thanks for all the kind comments. Just sold it up in York to a really nice Portuguese student via eBay. I must admit that I was surprised at the high level of interest in it. It's a lovely guitar, but it sounded much better when he played it, in all honesty. 
    Call me Dave.