Gerry Goffin RIP

What's Hot
musicegbdfmusicegbdf Frets: 409
Shame all the press say "Carole Kings ex Husband", must be painful for his current family. Goffin was of course a huge talent in his own right.

I seem to recall hearing he was a tough business man though , and am sure on this forum people will recall stories.

Anyway Rest in Peace
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    I was sorry when I heard this on R4. At least they didn't have him in Carole's shadow. I wonder what she thinks ...
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 994
    edited June 2014
    I was sorry when I heard this on R4. At least they didn't have him in Carole's shadow. I wonder what she thinks ...

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/gerry-goffin-songwriter-and-carole-kings-ex-husband-dead-at-75-20140619 I heard it might as well rain until September, natural woman, up on the roof on the radio at work and thought it must have been Carole Kings birthday or something. Wasn't until I got home and saw it on the news that I found out. A real talent, funnily enough there was a repeated "Troubador"programme on BBC4 a few weeks ago with Carole King, Gerry Goffin, James Taylor etc. featured and I have watched it through a couple times because the music and interviews are so good.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    James Taylor's arrangement of Up On The Roof is a masterpiece
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself