SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB - Vintage style telecaster bridge to fit filtertron pickup.

What's Hot
Looking for a vintage style, 3 saddle, telecaster bridge that will fit a filtertron pickup.

Had one a few years back, but foolishly let it go in a clearout.

Saddles aren’t important as I’ve a nice set of compensated saddles ready to drop in.

Preferably nickel, otherwise chrome.

Thanks

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
    Last time I was trawling the Guitatfetish website I noticed they have started selling them
  • CountryDaveCountryDave Frets: 859
    edited June 2020
    Thanks @DrBob. I’d found that via google, but thought I’d ask on here before stumping for a new one (especially as it would likely creep up in price when I get hit with import tax etc).
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16146
    needles and Haystacks with that one old boy
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • CountryDaveCountryDave Frets: 859
    edited June 2020
    I thought it might be. 
    Looks like it's going to have to be a new one.
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2431
    Coincidentally I have recently looked at TV Jones Tele bridges. The strange thing with them is that the "original" bridge has six saddles and the "modern" bridge has three saddles. I needed a vintage bridge but not six saddles. If you get a vintage type three-saddle bridge for a Filtertron I'd be interested to know from where Country Dave.
  • CasperCasterCasperCaster Frets: 762
    @CountryDave I'm going to be advertising a TVJ Tele bridge shortly. As @Jimbro66 has rightly said the TVJ bridge for vintage 4-screw mount telecasters is a flat plate design with six individual saddles. They are high quality and expensive, but obviously some folks like yourself prefer the vintage style bridge with the bent sides. I'd also add that the TVJ bridges are cut out to accommodate TVJ pickups, which are fractionally smaller than vintage Filtertrons. If you don't intend to use TVJ pickups then you need to check that your  chosen pickups will fit a TVJ bridge. For example, MOJO's current Filtertron style should fit, but Fender Fidelitrons or Gretsch HS pickups won't. Just a heads up for anyone considering trying this. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom