Tech 21 Boost DLA

menamestommenamestom Frets: 4701
edited June 2014 in FX

Has anybody tried one? It has two things I need, tap tempo and a power requirement of less than 100ma, but not sure how they stack up to Diamond and Strymon etc?

I need a nice sounding tap delay, decent footprint but less than 100ma draw so I can use my ISO 5 psu.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17606
    tFB Trader
    I haven't tried one.

They look nice though and Tech21 stuff is usually decent. 

I like the idea of it having a boost. That makes it a one click solo option.
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4701

I'm not too fussed with the boost but it could be handy. Just wondering what they sound like really, there's a few clips on YouTube, sounds pretty good but not cheap at £185, but cheaper and easier to power than an el cap. I also fancy a memory lane junior but nowhere stocks them hardly and they are another £70. And there a new version coming out I'd have to wait for. Might just take a gamble with the tech 21.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17606
    tFB Trader
    How about a supa puss
    How about a supa puss

Not a bad shout, less than 100ma too so fits the bill. Depends how dark the repeats are being proper analog. Sounds great have them so I'll try one out.....
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    The DLA's are relatively common and relatively cheap in the US of A so they get mentioned/ loved on more US based forums. I was interested in one at one point but couldn't find one at a sensible price on eBay. As always with Tech 21 worth looking at Thomann as they are often much cheaper.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • citizen68citizen68 Frets: 172
    edited June 2014
    Haven't tried the delay version but had the BoostRVB on my board for a long time - great sounding analog pedal that went from subtle to extreme & could also be used as a pure clean boost in the loop when reverb wasn't required. Tech21 stuff is hard to fault.. 

Only changed because I wanted a verb with shimmer - the Tech21 verb wasn't too far behind the Strymon blue sky's basic reverb sound..
    Seemed like a good idea.....

• I've got the one without the tap tempo . Great delay. Very easy to use.
    Useful features :
    Able to dial in wow/flutter chorus
    Can do very clean to dark delays with tone knob
    Boost is very cool but the feature I use least, but comes in handy when I'm not using my amp and need a faux memory man break up thing.
    The new(er)ones have the tap, a triplet button and switchable trails ( which would be the feature I would most covet, but don't need with my setup at the mo. Doesn't stop me looking tho...).
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    Diamond memory lane jr only draws around 70ma if I recall, and it sounds ace
    dindude;273934" said:
    Diamond memory lane jr only draws around 70ma if I recall, and it sounds ace
    Yeah it's on my list as well, but nowhere in the UK seems to have them in stock. There's A MLJR 2 coming out so might wait for that. Was also looking at the Tech 21 flyrig 5, for the same price it has a lot more.