Guitar plugins

I've got access to the following guitar plugins and just wanted to know what peoples thoughts on each positive and negatives. 

TH-U 
Amplitube 4
Guitar rig 5 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• MilkMilk Frets: 84
    Ive never used TH-U so I can't comment on it at all but I have and still use both Amplitube 4 and Guitar rig 5 a lot. although I find myself using Amplitube more often.

I think it is simpler to use (for me anyway)
    Sounds ever so slightly nicer to my ears

if using the free versions of each of them id probably use Guitar rig though.

Have you used TH-U yet? what is you opinion on it?
  • LodiousLodious Frets: 1945
    I've got GR4, its OK. I don't remember GR5 being much of an upgrade and was ages ago, is it a dead product?
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1527
    edited June 2020
    I have amplitube 3 and GR 5. I tend to use GR 5.mostly use presets. Both good imo
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2197
    GR5 is getting a bit long in the tooth now but I still like the "Jeff at Ronnie's" preset, for a boxy thick sound.

I have Amplitube Max and also Fender Collection 2 and Amplitube SVX 2 but haven't used it in a while. I particularly like the Fender 2 Collection.

These days I almost always find what I want in Helix Native for guitar and for bass. In fact I can't remember the last time I used S Gear 2.

It's not a competition.
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 983
    GR5 is getting a bit long in the tooth now but I still like the "Jeff at Ronnie's" preset, for a boxy thick sound.

I have Amplitube Max and also Fender Collection 2 and Amplitube SVX 2 but haven't used it in a while. I particularly like the Fender 2 Collection.

These days I almost always find what I want in Helix Native for guitar and for bass. In fact I can't remember the last time I used S Gear 2.

@stratman3142 ;
     Greg Koch’s demo of the Fender Collection 2 almost sold it to me, they look the business too.  Am glad I held off and in the end bought Helix Native when they had sales on a couple years ago.  Still want to try that collection though, I think partly because it’s easy on the eye.

S Gear 2 gets a lot of praise for sounding closest to an ‘amp in a room’. I haven’t played that either unfortunately. 

With software like this I tend to go for the most recent, obviously after watching numerous YouTube vids to see if it does what I want. 
  • Bill_SBill_S Frets: 102
    This is may be not helpful, but I have AmpliTube and GR5, and IMHO neither are in S Gear’s league for getting great realistic tones. But it is all a matter personal preference, trying things out and seeing what suits you.  
  • nectarnectar Frets: 8
    The Kuassa ones are also worth a look, and quite inexpensive right now on PluginBoutique etc. The Kuassa Vermillion is my go-to (though I’m not any kind of guitar expert :))
  • Bill_SBill_S Frets: 102
    nectar said:
    The Kuassa ones are also worth a look, and quite inexpensive right now on PluginBoutique etc. The Kuassa Vermillion is my go-to (though I’m not any kind of guitar expert :))
    Agreed, and if you want a great “next gen” Marshall or Soldano then check out Nembrini, although don’t pay full price. Sign up for their newsletter and wait for an 80% off deal which happens regularly 
  • Tat2dsteshTat2dstesh Frets: 193
    Well spent the night playing with tones for the songs I've written for my new band during lockdown 

My personal conclusions have been 
    Amplitube is by far my favourite for heavy tones
    Gr5 is nice for cleans and crunch
    Th-u so far I have found to sound not that great, was really hoping the xtsee would sound meaty but it sounds pretty weak in the mix

I have also been using the 
    ML sound lab fluff free plugin which is a 51503, sounds nice for some riffs
    The Cyprus tt again a free plugin for tiny terror, which is very fuzzy but has some nice rhythm sounds if you use a cab from one of the other plugins 

I just always end up back to the amplitube orange rockerverb with 2 mics and a mix of vintage 30 and green backs for my main rhythm sound. 

Guess I'm just a orange guy as my main amp is a orange rocker 30 pushed with a way huge saucy box 
    Into a 2x12 with vintage 30 and green back and the tone between my rig and amplitube is very close 

• PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7287
    I used the amplitube orange sim blended with the SLO for the longest time. The orange model is one of my faves in there. Abusing the crap out of the TT with a boost also works quite well in that sim. 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ