Presonus Studio One Artist vs? Again,,,,

I have the artist edition, which tbh I haven't really used  much in anger.  I've also dabbled  a little in Reaper before albeit not  much.  I did do a 1 year sound engineering qualification  nearly 30 years ago... so do have a little knowledge although tbh I've probably forgotten most of it.

I've had a play around with Ampire in Artist studio one and it seems quite limited  - especially amp wise. 

I seem to be getting shit loads of interference in my office when I plug in guitars to effects/amps to my pc (think its dodgy wiring of the office tbh)  so I can't really use my hoard of effects pedals /amps to plug in so do need some software solution.

I'm thinking  of getting Helix Native as I've owned a HX effects and Stomp (just sold that). 

So that means upgrading Studio one either to pro or getting the VST pack.
From what I've seen most people recommend getting the Pro version which is around £180ish.

So the  long and the short of it is it really worth the extra coin for the studio one upgrade ie £180 to £60 (reaper licence)?
 Yes I know I could evaluate reaper for life and theyre doing free licences for a bit  but tbh I'd rather not go down that route.  

if I evaluated Reaper for a couple of months would it then be difficult to hop over to Studio One ?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2325
    Ok - I've gone for a Helix native trial, and will try it in reaper (evaluation)  for a couple of weeks to see how I get on.

• duotoneduotone Frets: 983
    thomasw88 said:
    if I evaluated Reaper for a couple of months would it then be difficult to hop over to Studio One ?
    No you will not find it difficult at all.

Good luck with trying Native. I find saving the preset then tweaking those amps OR swapping the amps out is a good way to get your head around it before starting to make your own tones from scratch.
  • thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2325
    duotone said:
    thomasw88 said:
    No you will not find it difficult at all.

Good luck with trying Native. I find saving the preset then tweaking those amps OR swapping the amps out is a good way to get your head around it before starting to make your own tones from scratch.
    I've been using the HX effects for couple of years on and off and had a stomp so hopefully won't be too bad.
  • CookiemonsterCookiemonster Frets: 884
    edited June 2020
    Studio one Pro is good if you get splice it's also around 13 pounds a month.

I am just getting free VSTs at the moment and I do use the amps in it as well as Amplitube. Both are ok. I have found a vst that feels like a real amp yet or that feels great to play. But they are useable. 

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

• spark240spark240 Frets: 2084
    Studio One user for a few years now...all good.

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview