Fiverr session musicians - anyone used them?

Anyone ever used one of the session drummers on Fiverr?
The fees range from $10 to $200 + per track but as I've seen from some vids the money is not necessarily where the quality is.

I'm thinking of maybe using someone to record the drum tracks I need - most of them are already written by my old drummer and recorded on a dictaphone in the corner of a rehearsal, so I really just need someone to duplicate what is already written so I can then do the rest of the instruments.

I could learn how to drum program, but I really cannot be bothered if I can pay someone a few quid and have it back in a couple of days.

Any thoughts?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BezzerBezzer Frets: 586
    edited June 2020
    Mate, if you just want them flipped to MIDI drop me a line, I can usually convert pretty quickly ... as long as I can hear everything anyway

And I'm from $10 to $200 per track cheaper than Fiverr
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24469
    Bezzer said:
    Mate, if you just want them flipped to MIDI drop me a line, I can usually convert pretty quickly ... as long as I can hear everything anyway

And I'm from $10 to $200 per track cheaper than Fiverr
    That's very kind!

The recordings I have are mostly desk recordings from old rehearsals - and some are just dictaphone in the room sort of thing.

I'll rip a couple of MP3 and you can have a listen to see if it's doable if that is ok?
  • BezzerBezzer Frets: 586
    Of course, no worries.
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2086
    Ive used Fiverr for other things and its generally gone ok...for what its worth....Ive seems good session drummer who does work for Simon McBride...but I assume his costs might be high

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview