Reaper: moving/inserting Regions

Is there a quick way to bulk shift Regions about in Reaper?

e.g.

a) you have a project with say 15 regions defined and you want to put a new 4-bar region between the existing regions 10 and 11

b) you realise you've screwed up and should have had an extra 2-bar lead in, and want to shift all of your Regions two bars to the right

I know you can shift+drag a region individually, or shift+double-click to edit the start/end/length details, and I've found the Region Manager where you can do similar in a grid. But in all of those you have to go through each region adjusting them individually, which is a PITA - particularly in the region manager where editing start/end will either stretch or tuncate the region, rather than shift it, so you have to run through moving the start, then the end if you want to shove them all up/down but maintain their overall size.

I'm sure I must be missing something, I can't be the only one that screws up when defining regions whilst laying out a structure.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1527
    edited June 2020
    Try video no 12 Track Grouping . It may be useful. 
    19 Markers and regions. I only reference these vids as i am in the process of watching them . Sorry i cant speak from experience.
  • andy_kandy_k Frets: 818
    just select a time region-how many bars, and choose option, insert space into project.
    I use this to insert empty bars into project, then add a marker to the old start point. This helps when zooming in and out-as there is always empty space at the start, and using '1' to get to the actual start-if '1' is the first marker you have used.
    You can also look into 'ripple' mode which helps with moving big chunks of a project around. The options are all there, I usually look for a Kenny vid to pick up the tips.
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5375
    Thanks both. Off to video hunt.
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2197
    Would this do what you want? 
    Left click drag where you want a new region (well actually a space)
    Right click and select "Insert empty space in selection"

See a quick video I made below:

It's not a competition.
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2197
    edited June 2020
    More info

If you want to reduce the space
    Left click drag the space you want to remove
    Right click and select "Remove contents of selection (moving later items)"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ic2OwXspFd4
    It's not a competition.
  • ricorico Frets: 1220
    Assuming your tempo is correctly set in your project, right click and drag to capture all the regions and drag them (with snap enabled) two bars to the right?

• andy_k said:
    just select a time region-how many bars, and choose option, insert space into project.
    This. But bear in mind it will slice any items in that time space and move chunks around, so you'll have to move them back and heal the splits.

Bye!

• PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7287
    I would create a new empty region the right length then drag it in personally.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ