Amplitube 4-Behringer umc22 and backing tracks

New set up on a windows 10 pc in my spare room for a bit of practice, after much fucking about got Amplitube 4 playing nicely with the Behringer interface with ASIO4All drivers , press play on a backing track, nothing, 
How do i play tracks outside Amplitube 4 so i can jam along side them?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• LooseMooseLooseMoose Frets: 908
    Welcome to the irritating world of Windows audio. Joking aside will be interested to know how you get round this too - I couldn’t work it out either! (Using a different DAW, but still).

• stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2199
    I'm guessing you're using Amplitube 4 in stand-alone mode whereas I've always used it as a plugin-in in Reaper, then dragged a backing track into Reaper, which works fine.

As an experiment I just tried to use Amplitube 4 in stand-alone mode and couldn't get it to work with my ASIO device, and just get a message "Could not initialize audio device". I might be able to help if you try it as a plug-in in Reaper, but I'm stumped with stand-alone mode.

It's not a competition.
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    edited June 2020
    You can load backing tracks directly into Amplitube 4 - that's what I do. See what the guy does below - go to around 1min 50 secs.:

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    edited June 2020
    Weird. Amplitube 4 won't work for me in standalone mode whereas I've just tried S-Gear 2, Guitar Rig 5 and Kuassa which are all OK. Just curious because I never use them in standalone mode anyway.

It's not a competition.
    Weird. Amplitube 4 won't work for me in standalone mode whereas I've just tried S-Gear 2, Guitar Rig 5 and Kuassa which are all OK. Just curious because I never use them in standalone mode anyway.

It's an option when you install it. Looks like you only loaded the plugin.

edited June 2020
    Fretwired said:

It's an option when you install it. Looks like you only loaded the plugin.

No I've definitely got both the stand-alone and plug-in installed. I did some Googling and It would appear it's a known issue and there is a solution. But it's only of academic interest to me because I don't plan to use it in stand alone mode.

https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12935&start=15

Here's a pic of what happens in stand-alone mode.

https://i.imgur.com/irDa6Ov.png

It's not a competition.
    OK. I've had that - it's easy to fix.

• adampeteradampeter Frets: 775
    Yeah i'm using it in stand alone mode, i use both youtube and transcribe for practice and it very annoying i can't play both amplitube and one of these together
    Are there interfaces that don't use asio4all and would this solve the problem?
    When using ASIO there can be issues on some systems when playing audio using two different applications at the same time. But, based on what @Fretwired said, you should be able to play an audio file from within standalone Amplitube. 
    It's not a competition.
    adampeter said:
    Yeah i'm using it in stand alone mode, i use both youtube and transcribe for practice and it very annoying i can't play both amplitube and one of these together
    Yes. I have a Steinberg UR22 MKII interface and can use Amplitube 4 with YouTube no problem. The Steinberg unit is made by Yamaha and has good components and a rock solid ASIO driver which is important. It gets excellent reviews for the money.

There are probably other units but I know these work.

edited June 2020
    Fretwired said:
    adampeter said:
    Yes. I have a Steinberg UR22 MKII interface and can use Amplitube 4 with YouTube no problem. The Steinberg unit is made by Yamaha and has good components and a rock solid ASIO driver which is important...

So is it the interface or the computer that dictates whether multiple applications can use the ASIO driver? I can run multiple applications with my current computer with a Zoom UAC-2 interface. But could only run one application at a time with my previous old computer with an Audiophile 2496 PCI interface.

It's not a competition.
    Fretwired said:
    adampeter said:
    Yes. I have a Steinberg UR22 MKII interface and can use Amplitube 4 with YouTube no problem. The Steinberg unit is made by Yamaha and has good components and a rock solid ASIO driver which is important...

So is it the interface or the computer that dictates whether multiple applications can use the ASIO driver? I can run multiple applications with my current computer with a Zoom UAC-2 interface. But could only run one application at a time with my previous old computer with an Audiophile 2496 PCI interface.

Love to know the answer to this
    Looks like i have found the solution, link here
    https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/?id=1236