SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: 1982 Tokai LS80 (made in Japan) SOLD

What's Hot
neonblackneonblack Frets: 100
edited June 2020 in Guitars £
For sale is my 1982 Tokai LS80, stunning player, besides Momose those are the best japanese Les Pauls imho and I’ve owned pretty much all of the big brands from japan and their high-end guitars.

One piece body, nitro finish, fret edge binding and easily the best carved tops in the business...
I have had couple of these and they are always built to perfection, so freaking easy to play and always very resonant, must be the old wood or something, not to mention the real vintage mojo... Has some minor dings and stuff but pretty clean for 40 years old beauty. Upgraded with Gibson 57 classic on the neck and Seymour Duncan SH6 on the bridge, bone nut and orange drop capacitors.
Comes in my favorite color, which is black.
Also, I owned 4 of these now, had another in black too and they are quite consistent in neck carve and thickness, with maybe just a slight difference from guitar to guitar. This one however, has the thickest neck from all I owned and played, I dare to say it has a thickness of my ex-Momose Custom LP or Crews LED goldtop, so the neck is perfect.
I might change my mind soon but here it is for a while.
Comes with Lifton ‘59 reissue case, so grab a bargain.

Price: 
£1300 + shipping. 
Located in Ljubljana, Slovenia. 

1591454893420png
1591454924619png
1591454938976png
1591454952586png

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Stunner. What are the frets like?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • neonblackneonblack Frets: 100
    Vintagy I would say, something between low and medium. 
    Almost no signs on them, pretty newish, weighs 3,9 kg according to my scale. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Lovely. Is it Rosewood or Ebony?
  • neonblackneonblack Frets: 100
    Sry for a bit dark pics, it’s a rosewood.
  • EmielEmiel Frets: 215
    edited June 2020
    Rosewood fretboard.

The LS80s from these period are basically replicas of a 1958 Les Paul. I've had two (still own a lovely Goldtop), they are indeed incredible consistent and great guitars.

Good price. And no, I'm not affliated with the seller
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    Emiel said:
    Rosewood fretboard.

The LS80s from these period are basically replicas of a 1958 Les Paul. I've had two (still own a lovely Goldtop), they are indeed incredible consistent and great guitars.

Good price. And no, I'm not affliated with the seller
    Exactly the same as me, I've had 2 LS80's and a LS120 and still have my goldtop which has been my number 1 for 12 years now.  Never played a better Les Paul, had a Navigator that was just as good, and maybe a few Historics that were up there too, If I wasn't skint I'd be very tempted!

Not affiliated with the seller either ;)
  • Ben_McCarthyBen_McCarthy Frets: 117
    Very tempted...
  • monoaminemonoamine Frets: 506
    My LS80 is my only keeper after going through about 15 Les Pauls including high end R9 historics. These have a real 'feel' to them as vintage instruments and are much better value than modern day Les Pauls. Not affiliated with the seller either but have chatted with him on another forum and he seems a very decent chap.
    1979 Tokai TE-85
    1980 Tokai LS-80