DI Box 2.0 - more than a DI box

What's Hot
Hi all,

I just saw this new product release, from IK Multimedia, company that is doing the Amplitube plugin.

They also launched a pedal stompbox, that has a buffer included, and still have the DI XLR out.

And I cannot find any reviews online, so wondering if anybody has any feedback on the forum?

Thanks,

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33798
    This isn't exactly new technology- Radial have been doing multi output DI's for years and they weren't the first either.

I've not used that IK unit.
    They generally make decent gear.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • gorguts6gorguts6 Frets: 0
    Sure a Radial DI like any DI offers a XLR output and a Jack 1/4 to plug to your amp via the Link, + an additionnal output in the back.
    But here, they offer a knob toi change the impedance +  a switch to tell the DI if you use a active or a passive pick up.
    So don't need to wonder if you need an active or passive DI according to what type of guitar you have.
    And on top of that, they offer their Z-tone knob to change your sound a bit.
    Which to mean seems to be a lot more feature than a standerd DI.
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7961
    You can use a high headroom active DI for both active and passive instruments, it’s not a requirement to use passive DIs with active instruments (but active DIs can clip in an unwanted way if the signal is too hot).

I have an (active) RNDI I use for pretty much everything. I also have a (passive) JDI and to be honest the only time I’ve found I prefer it is sometimes with my Stingray bass. Otherwise everything goes through the RNDI including my EMG guitars 
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    This is what I use £39 delivered ..

http://orchid-electronics.co.uk/classic_DI.htm
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33798
    You can use a high headroom active DI for both active and passive instruments, it’s not a requirement to use passive DIs with active instruments (but active DIs can clip in an unwanted way if the signal is too hot).

I have an (active) RNDI I use for pretty much everything. I also have a (passive) JDI and to be honest the only time I’ve found I prefer it is sometimes with my Stingray bass. Otherwise everything goes through the RNDI including my EMG guitars 
    I use a Groove Tubes Vipre most of the time.
    It has impedance and rise time settings for altering the tone of the input signal.

• Freebird said:
    This is what I use £39 delivered ..

http://orchid-electronics.co.uk/classic_DI.htm
    ditto.

Bye!