SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: Telecaster Neck Pickup

Johnny333Johnny333 Frets: 167
I recently picked up a very cheap telecaster which sounds great other than a slightly dull neck pickup. Was hoping to find a relatively cheap replacement for it that will have more clarity. Please let me know if you have something :)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72565
    I have a pair of Fender Mexican Standard Tele pickups, which I was planning on keeping together, but there's been no interest so if you want the neck pickup on its own you can have that for £20 - or I can do the pair for £35, both including postage.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Yamaha77Yamaha77 Frets: 77
    Pm'd
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14561
    Sometimes, a Tele neck position pickup sounds muffled because the control circuitry follows the early bridge/neck/muffled format. 

The Squier JV Telecaster did this. A salesperson once made me chuckle by declaring that the neck pickup was crap but the middle position of the selector sounded lush. 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • roman_subroman_sub Frets: 18
    or you could go with a strat neck pickup for brighter tone... would also need an adapted pickguard. let me know if consider going that way as I'm about to put both up for sale
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14561
    On a proper Telecaster, the neck pickup cavity will not accommodate a Stratocaster pickup.

Fortunately, numerous pickup makers now build Stratocaster-voiced pickups in Telecaster neck/Rhythm position format.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • Pm'd