GE7 power help!

What's Hot
So, I bought a GE7 so that I could mod, it worked fine when it arrived. Got the Monte Allums mods and did them myself, feeling very smug when I finished them and everything worked...cool! 
Put it on the board and it was working fine...

Untill...

I was an idiot and took the back off to see if I could turn it over so that I could add pedal tape to it. Now the pedal when it has the back on, won't turn on. If I half put the back on, I can press a corner and it goes on and off. If I leave the back off, it's fine and keeps working, back on...nothing, so does this mean it's shorting somewhere? I've taken a video of the pedal to help

http://imgur.com/gallery/97FsW6f

Any help is greatfully received
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10407
    Something shorting to ground, is there an insulator sheet ? is it the right way round ... did you cut the legs of when soldered so they don't short against the case ? if you used DIL holders for the opamps are they in nice and firm ?  Are the jack sockets in the right place and not shorting the signal to earth ?

Check all that and then see what you got 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • horseheadhorsehead Frets: 220
    Ok, so....
    1) insulator sheet is there and right way round
    2) I made sure I cut all the legs after soldering
    3) I'll double check the opamps as, I pushed them in as far as I could but you never know
    4) jack sockets seem not to be the problem as they are solid

Its really seema to be a thing on the power pack and it's a really weird shorting issue when it's pushed 
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10407
    I can't really see what's happening in your vid and there's no sound for some reason. If it's a hard short of power then the LED will go out. 
    The fact it was working until disturbed makes me think something has moved so just take your time and go over it bit by bit 

If still no joy make sure all the opamps have 9V between pin 8 and 4 and use pin 3 as a signall buzz in 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    So, went back in, took everything off and looked through the connections. A tiny wire looks like it's come loose and was shorting it when pushed down. Resoldered it and now it's working fine. Thanks for the help ;

Still need a new back for the pedal so it can go on the board like...
  • normula1normula1 Frets: 640
    putting the back cover on inside out is a done thing with Boss pedals. Assuming it'll fit post mod.
    normula1 said:
    putting the back cover on inside out is a done thing with Boss pedals. Assuming it'll fit post mod.
    Won't fit on turned around with the mods.
  • normula1normula1 Frets: 640
    Bicycle chain mount to a small block of wood (or other flat material), velcro wood to board.... unless you don't mind drilling the board