SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB Gibson Grabber

What's Hot
danbandanban Frets: 343
edited July 2020 in Basses £
Title amended, I’m after a Gibson Grabber..

I’m open to a project, reissue etc.

Let me know what you have?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• pluckedoutpluckedout Frets: 146
    Hi, I'm selling a brand new special edition Corvette over on Basschat if you're interested...

https://www.basschat.co.uk/topic/426118-now-£1550-ono-fsft-brand-new-old-stock-2008-warwick-corvette-special-edition-aaa-flame-maple/

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • danbandanban Frets: 343
    Hi, I'm selling a brand new special edition Corvette over on Basschat if you're interested...

https://www.basschat.co.uk/topic/426118-now-£1550-ono-fsft-brand-new-old-stock-2008-warwick-corvette-special-edition-aaa-flame-maple/

Thanks for the offer but not quite what I’m after
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14426
    special edition Corvette over on Basschat
    That certainly is special. Puts my MIG ash Standard to shame.

danban said:
    Thanks for the offer but not quite what I’m after
    One string too many, I suspect. :)
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4134
    I’ve been eyeing up this one (passive), it looks like a steal for the price but I’m holding out for something in particular now:

https://www.basschat.co.uk/topic/373093-trade-optionswarwick-corvette-standard-price-drop-to-%C2%A3400/
    I’ve been eyeing up this one (passive), it looks like a steal for the price but I’m holding out for something in particular now:

https://www.basschat.co.uk/topic/373093-trade-optionswarwick-corvette-standard-price-drop-to-%C2%A3400/
    I had been looking at that but preferably after a bubinga one.
    I’ve been eyeing up this one (passive), it looks like a steal for the price
    It is.

Don’t be put off by the slightly dirty look. They all do that, sir. 

Do be put off by the MEC Dynamic Response J-style pickups. They are rubbish. 

Budget for replacement pickups and control electronics. You will be rewarded with an excellent recording and gigging bass guitar.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4920
    It'd be easier if you'd say what it is you want...
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4134
    I’ve been eyeing up this one (passive), it looks like a steal for the price
    It is.

Don’t be put off by the slightly dirty look. They all do that, sir. 

Do be put off by the MEC Dynamic Response J-style pickups. They are rubbish. 

Budget for replacement pickups and control electronics. You will be rewarded with an excellent recording and gigging bass guitar.
    The wear & tear doesn’t bother me at all tbh! Just weighing it up against the cost plus mods, or hold out for a Sire M5* or an ash-bodied M7 as I really liked the feel and electronics on the alder M7 I had for a bit!

*the M5’s an all-swamp ash body, with the same hardware & electronics package as the M7 for £490. The first shipment haven’t landed yet and aren’t really expected until Q4 this year
    prowla said:
    It'd be easier if you'd say what it is you want.
    I concur. Even specifying basic things like frets and how many strings would help.

The Warwick, Gibson and Musicman basses are three distinctly different animals. 

£400 for a German-made Warwick is a steal. I would be wary about shipping in a padded gigbag swaddled in bubble wrap and cardboard.

The Gibson will command a four figure price tag, even if it is a dog. You might need a gym subscription to gain sufficient strength to lift the lump.

The EBMM does its own thing. It suits some things better than others.

I really liked the feel and electronics on the alder M7 I had for a bit!
    This sounds like the answer for you. 
    Thanks for all the suggestions and comments but I’ve decided to try and source a grabber
  • AjotenAjoten Frets: 7
    edited July 2020
    There's one in our local music shop, actually. The Record Shop, Amersham 01494 433311.