SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

(SOLD) - 1987 Greco Les Paul custom (EGC57-60)

What's Hot
brooombrooom Frets: 1175
edited September 2020 in Guitars £
1987 Greco Mint Collection EGC57-60 (3-pickup les paul custom)

This is Greco's mid 80s version of a 57 3-pickups les paul custom. It weighs around 8.9lbs, full mahogany neck and body (including the top, just like the real 50s customs), it has a long neck tenon and 60s profile neck. The fretboard is rosewood (not ebony).

The finish is very thin, I tried to capture this in the photos (not sure I was successful), as you can even see the finish sinking slightly into the wood grain (just like an old one).

The pickups are Greco's Screamin' pickups and I'm including 3 Alnico 4 magnets, in case the new owner wants to swap them.

The guitar has had it's electronics upgraded, volume pots are now CTS with correct taper and it has PIO caps, also installed a new switch and converted the guitar to true 1957 custom switching specs.

It is a very nice playing Les Paul and quite resonant, it  includes a hardshell case. - £650 SOLD

Photo album: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmKDTBXW

-----------------------------------------

2008 Historic Chambered Gibson R8
. These are quite well known and favoured by some players (Ed King comes to mind) who think they do a good approximation to an old 50s Les Paul due to their chambered nature. They usually have figured tops and this one is no exception.

It has had some changes from the previous owner, who installed Bareknuckles black dog pickups and 50s wiring. plus a different bridge (comes with the original one). It has some dings from being played, but is in overall great condition.

Comes with certificate and original case - £2750 + Shipping (UPS) - TEMPORARILY REMOVED

Photo album: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmQBpgJr

2011 Navigator N-LP-480, one of my favourite Navigators I've had. A rock'n'roll machine which I'll surely regret selling. - £1400 + shipping (UPS) - TEMPORARILY REMOVED

Photo album: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmP8kc2z

1984 Greco Mint Collection EG59-50 - For a good while this was my favourite Les paul, and this is a very reluctant sale. These are not so easy to come by as they are one of the models with a full solid top (no veneers) and they have a great true 59 profile neck. I'll include raw A4 magnets if you want to make the very nice pickups even better by swapping the magnet and a hardshell case - £800 +  shipping (UPS)TEMPORARILY REMOVED

Photo album: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmQBpjcn

1987 Greco Mint Collection SS63-60 (SG) - A great affordable SG, it's old and it's seen it's fair share of action as can be seen from the chunk missing out of the headstock edge. It is in great condition otherwise. Will add photos soon. -  £500 + shipping (UPS)TEMPORARILY REMOVED

Musikraft Blackguard body and neck (SOLD) - £900

5reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• selexisselexis Frets: 50
    Hey! Is this Navi the same specs as mine? SD Seth Lovers etc? These are sooo good!!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • brooombrooom Frets: 1175
    Hi Phil,

how are you doing? Slightly different then yours, which is a 2001. These ones have seymour duncan Antiquities if I'm not mistaken, and some minor different details. But otherwise full honduran mahogany construction with, hard western maple top, and honduran rosewood fretboard.

They are awesome guitars I agree.
  • Should have Seth Lovers if not swapped. My 2013 N-LP 480 has Seth Lovers. Brilliant guitars.

What tuners are on yours? Weight?
    edited June 2020
    I'll check later today, if it still comes with Seth Lovers. This one currently has Sperzel locking tuners.

Weights 9lb even with the sperzels, so very likely around 8.6~8.8 lbs with regular tuners.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dallcorpdallcorp Frets: 139
    Would an MJT relic finish be included in that price or would they want extra?
    edited June 2020
    the finish is included, I've already paid for it.
  • danny_777danny_777 Frets: 660
    Assuming the buyer will be paying the import duty, or is the guitar coming from you within the UK and the price is inclusive?
    edited June 2020
    @danny_777 - I'm assuming you mean the musikraft blackguard. The price only includes what I've paid for so far (neck/body and finish). Shipping/duty is on the buyer yes.

The guitar will be shipping from MJT which is in the states. I'm only selling it up to that point, if no one takes it before it leaves MJT, then I might as well keep it.

@yourarsenal87 - I checked last evening, and you are right they are Seth Lovers (SH-55N and SH-55B). Thanks
  • HomerHomer Frets: 164
    What is the weight of NLP?
    It's been mentioned already in the sale thread.
  • HomerHomer Frets: 164
    Sorry :)!
    bump
    bump
    bump
  • Lovely. Any trades on the Navi?
    I have an '83 2204, gigged YJM, USA G&L, Suhr PT15 IR etc.
    Hi @guitarmanessex89 , those are actually some great amps, but I'm only interested in selling at the moment, sorry.
    bump
    bump
    bump
    update: the musikraft telecaster is built and is now on it's way to be finished by MJT as a blackguard.