Hard tail bridge. Which replacement will fit?

What's Hot
I've got a lovely Warmoth Strat that is let down some what by the bridge.

It's this bridge

https://www.warmoth.com/Stratreg-Flat-Mount-Bridge-Humbucker-Spacing-Black-P582C705.aspx

I've been thinking of changing the bridge to something like a hipshot, would that fit considering the ferrel spacing of the Warmoth bridge?

What else could possibly fit?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
    I'm getting "403 Forbidden, Access is denied" when i click on that link
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 3056
    Ah yeah so am I. I'll sort it out in a bit
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72500
    Stevepage said:
    Ah yeah so am I. I'll sort it out in a bit
    It's not you, unless you're in charge at Warmoth... :)

The whole site is doing it even if you just go in from the top level - www.warmoth.com

Luckily Google seems to have cached a useful diagram -

I would check that against your own bridge, and if it does correspond then the Hipshot 'vintage' bridge - the one with square saddles, not the one with 'tuning fork' saddles - will fit.

https://www.axesrus.co.uk/Hipshot-Stainless-Steel-Hardtail-Bridge-56-4mm-S-p/41200vss.htm

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

edited July 2020
    So thanks for the info. I bought and fitted the hipshot bridge and everything lined up perfectly. Only thing is I think the bridge may need a shim underneath as the saddles are near enough maxed out but that may be my dodgy set up skills.

However the guitar sounds better to my ears and it's a much more comfy bridge to rest your hand on.
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
    Stevepage said:
    So thanks for the info. I bought and fitted the hipshot bridge and everything lined up perfectly. Only thing is I think the bridge may need a shim underneath as the saddles are near enough maxed out but that may be my dodgy set up skills.

However the guitar sounds better to my ears and it's a much more comfy bridge to rest your hand on.
    You say that, I’ve seen  Hipshot bridges come with two different base plate thicknesses 
    I know there is for one particular type of hipshot bridge but I didn't see an option for base plate thickness when I ordered the bridge I have. Only options were colour and string spacing.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72500
    Check there isn't a shim in the neck pocket. (Unless you fitted the neck and there isn't!)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Yeah I fitted the neck so there's no shim. I'm taking the guitar over to Feline at the weekend so I'm sure Jonathan and Tom can resolve any issues
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11619
    tFB Trader
    Sounds like we may do a very slight depth change to the neck pocket to get everything sitting at a better height

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!