SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: Music Man Albert Lee HH

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• DominicDominic Frets: 16102
    The Neptune Blue with roasted maple neck defeats the object..........the whole joy of these is the incredible Rosewood neck which plays and feels truly sublime
    The Orange thing with block markers is a monstrosity ...........I don't mind the Orange sparkle........it's the big block fretboard that's so ugly
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    A rosewood neck HH AL is probably the best guitar I've played to date and rosewood is where it's at. I've tried the maple neck ones, albeit in SSS format and it wasn't the same nor are the Sterlings.

The AL rosewood feels 'right' with a wonderful neck, great weight, too, and is probably the best-sounding and most versatile twin humbucker guitar I've ever heard. All pickup positions are useable and the inbetween sounds have a lot of chime and quack whilst the humbuckers have enough girth and clarity to deliver. It's a shame I can't get on with the shape :(

I've had a PRS DGT and a Suhr Alt T (w/Thornbuckers) and they're both excellent guitars and versatile but the HH Albert Lee trumps them. If I could get the vibe, the feel of the AL neck and sounds in a 'more regular' shaped guitar, I'd be all over it.
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16102
    It is a fantastic sounding guitar ..........I've been a fan since the first day I played one ; is it that you can't get on with the shape physically ( because it's very comfortable ) or that you don't like the look ?
     If you accept that it has a certain Art Deco type feel you could learn to love it .......I love the shape it's really grown on me
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • @Kebabkid Any idea how the rosewood neck compares in size to the maple SSS? I picked up a 1996 SSS recently and have been unable to try a HH but would like to. However, if the neck's any shallower than the SSS it might not be for me, sadly.
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    edited February 2021
    Dominic said:
    It is a fantastic sounding guitar ..........I've been a fan since the first day I played one ; is it that you can't get on with the shape physically ( because it's very comfortable ) or that you don't like the look ?
     If you accept that it has a certain Art Deco type feel you could learn to love it .......I love the shape it's really grown on me
    I'm shallow - it's the shape, but in all black, the shape looks less pronounced. I really need to overcome this and for clarity, I had one on loan from a friend and I'm not an owner.

@simonhpieman - I've no idea if they differ in dimensions but they do feel different and the rosewood has a smoother, slicker feel and you'd expect them to lend a different sound to the guitar. There's plenty of chat of people with both the SSS and HH versions swapping the necks on each i.e. HH with Maple neck = brighter and SSS with Rosewood neck = mellower but fuller.
  • ChéChé Frets: 305
    Yeah those block inlays on the orange BFR are just vile looking, no idea what they were thinking. A block inlay on the first fret aswell... urgh.

Nice to hear so many accounts of how great this guitar is! No wonder I can’t find one for sale xD
    Cash waiting!
  • Stick out for a Trem version imo. I used to have one, sold it to a mate. One of the best guitars for feel and sound I’ve played. I only sold it to fund a guitar build. I do miss it sometimes though and wish I could’ve kept both. 
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    Yah definitely holding out for a trem version!