Michael McDonald - If That's What It Takes (Album)

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• jonevejoneve Frets: 1474
    duotone said:
    joneve said:
    I’m a huge Mush mouth fan thanks to my Dad’s love of the Doobies, steely dan and MM’s solo stuff. I don’t think he’s really done much that’s terrible. 

His work with the Doobies is excellent and the Farewell Tour album (with them cutting the guitar strings on the cover) is on of my favourite openings to any album. 
    Cheers @joneve ;
    Will checkout that album.  Its on Spotify, 17 tracks ;0)
    It's only just recently become available on Spotify. It was a Japan only release for a long time I believe (the copy my dad has is japanese, anyway)...but it's such a fucking great album. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    I don't know the album or his solo career at all, but now you have me interested!

I did buy a very enjoyable album with him on recently - the Dukes of September live, which is basically McDonald, Boz Scaggs and Donald Fagan plus a big band playing each others hits plus some other songs. Well worth a listen if you like any of them.
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14303
    tFB Trader
    duotone said:
    guitars4you said:
    Watch the Doobie Bros documentary and he came across as a shy guy who did not believe he had a voice or ability as a song writer - I love the laid back style of him and much of his work
    Is that Let the music play or Behind the music? @guitars4you ;

sorry - I can't remember - I'll find out - It was about 2 hours long and fairly recent  as it showed various reunion gigs - I think it was Let The Music Play
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1474
    duotone said:
    guitars4you said:
    Watch the Doobie Bros documentary and he came across as a shy guy who did not believe he had a voice or ability as a song writer - I love the laid back style of him and much of his work

sorry - I can't remember - I'll find out - It was about 2 hours long and fairly recent  as it showed various reunion gigs - I think it was Let The Music Play
    Yep, sounds like Let the Music Play to me. Great doc
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 986
    joneve said:
    duotone said:
    guitars4you said:

Yep, sounds like Let the Music Play to me. Great doc
    Great, cheers!
  • jaymenonjaymenon Frets: 820
    Here are Michael McDonald's isolated Backing Vocals from 'Peg'.

Amazing...

2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom