Lifted fretboard repair

What's Hot
hi all so yesterday I managed to score a Seagull S6 acoustic for ridiculous price, it’d been stored in a caravan for sometime and the fretboard has lifted between the 1st-6th fret, I’ve bought some titebond to get on with the repair - any pointers on how best to go about this?

my idea was to put some glue on the sides, then either if I can get hold of vice clamp it together other wise find some other way of securing it , imalso going to reattach the nit which from my research I can use super glue ...
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• WezVWezV Frets: 16676
    i would be tempted to remove fully,clean up both surfaces and reglue.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • mrleon83mrleon83 Frets: 188
    WezV said:
    i would be tempted to remove fully,clean up both surfaces and reglue.

Yeah , I can definitely see the benefit of that, just concerned on my skills .. 
    does it push together okay?   Is so, and you are wanting to keep it cheap, i would inject some titebond, clamp up  and call it a day.   just be aware if it does fail again, you will need to get the board off fully  to reglue it

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Yeah I can push it together no problem, I’ll try that in the first instance , I take it that if I need to remove it further down the line I can use the iron trick I’ve seen around? 
    yeah, normally works well.  If its already failing due to heat it should work fine
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Thanks for the advice @WezV !