PSA: Randall amps blowout at GuitarGuitar

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• longilongi Frets: 95
    Jetfire said:
    @MattBanshee are they bad?

Yes! They were a good idea with the worst overdrive channel I've ever come across! Too many gain stages which made for a super compressed Megadeth sound that disappeared in the mix straight away. It had some really good ideas on it with the vintage/modern thing and the boost functions going on, but it was more like modern and even more modern sounds! It could have been so much more with 1 gain stage less. The clean was ok though nothing amazing and the spring reverb was ok too. It seemed reliable enough though.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 3052
    Jetfire said:
    Stevepage said:
    Yeah that's odd. Think they had just one 667 remaining but their site listed 10+ of the Hammett KH103. Maybe some auction site reseller bought em all up? 
    Turns they took them down due to your 667 had a fault. So they're testing them all to make sure they work before they sell
    Is that true? Fair play to them if that's the case
    Yeah I emailed them last night and said they'd temporarily taken them off the site as one of the amps was returned with an issue (the 667 in question would be it I guess).
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
    longi said:
    Jetfire said:
    @MattBanshee are they bad?

Yes! They were a good idea with the worst overdrive channel I've ever come across! Too many gain stages which made for a super compressed Megadeth sound that disappeared in the mix straight away. It had some really good ideas on it with the vintage/modern thing and the boost functions going on, but it was more like modern and even more modern sounds! It could have been so much more with 1 gain stage less. The clean was ok though nothing amazing and the spring reverb was ok too. It seemed reliable enough though.
    It's the modules that weren't good then? (I think the Hammett head was just full of KH modules