NPD: Ground-Breaking, Game-Changing - THE Best Pedal Made Thus Far ???

What's Hot

Comments

• tone1tone1 Frets: 5164
    Has anyone called dibs yet?  =)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11876
    tone1 said:
    I think you are like the 15th in the queue.  =)
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    edited July 2020
    Wazmeister said:
    Every so often in all forms of life, creativity, culture and technology, something comes along which changes how we think and act that is unique. It’s often not always brand new in origination (think the iPod) but a combination of existing ideas made into a new way of function…
    The iPod brought us the "skip" generation and ruined the album concept, and now we have Spotify too.. B
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5164
    I've usually got a tab running at Waz towers.... :)
  • mattdavismattdavis Frets: 841
    edited July 2020
    Glad you like it Waz. enjoy.  

I just can’t get my head round gear like this. It really does seem like a huge amount of money for a drive pedal with EQ and presets.  I can see how one can rationalise that it can replace all your drive pedals, but you’ll still want to try the new ones like random left-field fuzzes or the Hudson broadcast-style pedals that come along. So in reality I don’t think the economic justification would probably stack up. I’d be looking at it thinking that you could be well on the way to buying a great amp or guitar for that money. 

I always get the feeling that Chase Bliss are making what are essentially simple effects super-complicated. I get you can make some crazy sounds but people have been creating those for years with much more basic gear. I’m clearly not the target market and they have found an audience, so good luck to them - and you. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9534
    mattdavis said:
    Glad you like it Waz. enjoy.  

I just can’t get my head round gear like this. It really does seem like a huge amount of money for a drive pedal with EQ and presets.  I can see how one can rationalise that it can replace all your drive pedals, but you’ll still want to try the new ones like random left-field fuzzes or the Hudson broadcast-style pedals that come along. So in reality I don’t think the economic justification would probably stack up. I’d be looking at it thinking that you could be well on the way to buying a great amp or guitar for that money. 

I always get the feeling that Chase Bliss are making what are essentially simple effects super-complicated. I get you can make some crazy sounds but people have been creating those for years with much more basic gear. I’m clearly not the target market and they have found an audience, so good luck to them - and you. 
    Some interesting points there Matt, and I do agree its not for everyone...

Personally, I’m fortunate to have a couple of great amps and guitars, so this kinda purcahse is maybe more justifiable.

But the point of this is how good it sounds, and how simple it is to use. I cant think of another pedal that offers such great analog ODs with present. Someone mentioned the Elektron; man alive, it sounded crap, had awkward power requirements and was the size of an oil tanker.

The fuzz alone on this is incredible.

As ever, horses for courses...
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9534
    Be interested to hear what other o;

Maybe they are less ‘evangelical’ than mine ! :)

@Mgaw @Vintage-T - did you guys buy one ?
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3865
    I've heard it's the new Big Trees...
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tone1 said: ;)
    I am first.  ;)
  • For what it offers i don't think the price is too bad. The expression pedal function alone is worth it's weight in gold.
  • prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 3990
    mattdavis said:

I can see how one can rationalise that it can replace all your drive pedals
    Not if you like stacking them in different combinations.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SeziertischSeziertisch Frets: 1292
    Warren’s reviews are like Wordsworth’s The Daffodils reimagined
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72339
    I have a pedal with 30 user presets, 22 different overdrive/distortion/fuzz sounds and analogue controls which cost me £100.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5262
    should be arriving today, personally I will be amazed if it kicks all my pedals off my board, but if it does happy days...
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6061
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6684
    edited July 2020
    ICBM said:
    I have a pedal with 30 user presets, 22 different overdrive/distortion/fuzz sounds and analogue controls which cost me £100.
    Add your guitar volume and tone pots and you're onto a winner. 
  • Vintage-TVintage-T Frets: 405
    edited July 2020
    Be interested to hear what other o;;

Maybe they are less ‘evangelical’ than mine !

@Mgaw @Vintage-T - did you guys buy one ?
    Still just scratching the surface with it, diving into the expression pedal settings with the 4 presets I've created so far. But I agree, you can't find a bad sound in it. As far as I've discovered it's pretty close to matching the sounds for most of my drives I've AB'd it against so far including a Tonebender, Klon, Bluesbreaker, Erlking, Micro Amp, Big Muff, Fuzz Face, so it's capable of ballpark territory and more than usable on all these lovely boxes of joy.

I've found myself seeing if I can replicate the pedal with individual pedals I currently have, but honestly for the cost when you split it to a Benson preamp, eq, 2 fuzzes and the flexibility of presets plus expression input, it's pretty much bang on in terms of value for money. 

My only issue will be remembering which preset I'm supposed to be using. Also need to make a start getting my head round MIDI as if anything will benefit from it for me, it'll be this pedal.

I don't necessarily think it'll replace all drives on my board, as I still might want to stack other drives into it, but aside from a Klon style pedal and my PDF1X I don't think I'd need anything else. I'm certainly planning on it being the main drive pedal for my band going forward, Just remains to be seen whether I'll have the guts to keep it on the board for the pub gigs, but I guess they're far off not to worry for now. It'll also be a very hand toll for recording as can run guitar, bass and vocals through it and maybe even a kick drum or snare just for giggles.

• earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3495
    Looks like an amazing product for sure.

Everytime I see a new Chase Bliss pedal, I have a look at the controls and switching and imagine that I'd need to pass a few exams to use such a pedal.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BintyTwanger77BintyTwanger77 Frets: 2219
    edited July 2020
    Warren’s reviews are like Wordsworth’s The Daffodils reimagined
    Warren’s a bit better than that. Reimagined without Wordsworth's self-indulgent whingeing, maybe, I can't fucking stand Wordsworth (there's a topical cultural reference for you).
  • springheadspringhead Frets: 1590
    Paul Davids was playing with it last month: