SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SORTED (I think) Bigsby B7 + Vibramate OR Duesenberg Les Trem

What's Hot
JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
edited July 2020 in Parts £
Anyone selling a Bigsby B7 + Vibramate?

Got a mad urge to feck about with my LP, but not irrevocably...

***edit - forgot about Duesy Les Trems - might make a more economical gateway drug to see if I *really* want a wang bar on my Lester...***

***UPDATE - SORTED VIA FACEBOOK***
Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72486
    Since you've already said 'I think' :), a minor word of warning - the Vibramate is a great idea, BUT...

1 - on a nitro-finished guitar it may well leave marks, even though no holes are drilled - the pressure of the felt pads on the finish can leave matt areas, which may or may not be possible to polish out.

2 - it mounts slightly higher off the body than a normal screwed-down Bigsby which can look a little odd, but it reduces the break angle under the tension bar and helps stop tuning issues.

3 - it also mounts about 1/8" further back than a normal screwed Bigsby fitting, which also looks even more surprisingly odd, but more importantly can make it difficult to get the guitar into the case.

Just my experience fitting - and removing - two or three of them.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    Wiz’d as ever @ICBM ;

Am actually leaning the Les Trem way I think, at least for now as it’s less obtrusive, and a cheaper way to explore my wang fantasies...

although they look like bike parts compared to the sturdy industrialness of a good, hard Bigsby.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    Still looking
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6704
    The one on here is also listed d on gumtree and Facebook. 
    merlin said:
    The one on here is also listed d on gumtree and Facebook. 
    The Les Trem? It’s sold.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6704
    Arse. Get a new one (that could be in nickel rather than chrome, if that's your preference) for £77 delivered. 
  • ADPADP Frets: 184
    £71.96 here if you use the voucher code.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    ADP said:
    £71.96 here if you use the voucher code.
    Thanks mate - think I may just have found a used one on Facebook.  Anxiously waiting for the vendor to respond to my blandishments...
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer