SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB Higher Output Strat Bridge PU

elusivelightelusivelight Frets: 49
edited July 2020 in Parts £
Something for a strat bridge with a little more poke than your average bridge pickup. 
Single coil size. 

Was thinking Tone Zone or JB but open to options. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3055
    edited July 2020
    I put a Bare Knuckle Sinner neck pickup with metal backplate, at the bridge on one of my Strats, it’s fabulous!
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• Yamaha77Yamaha77 Frets: 77
    Unsure if it's a humbucker or strat sized pickup you want but I have a Seymour Duncan Full Shred with half hex screws and half regular screw poles. 
  • Yamaha77 said:
    Unsure if it's a humbucker or strat sized pickup you want but I have a Seymour Duncan Full Shred with half hex screws and half regular screw poles. 
    Thanks, I've a full shred in a Charvel and it's a good pickup, but looking for a single sized. 
  • rze99rze99 Frets: 2296
    edited July 2020
    Careful what you wish for. You tend to lose cut and Strat tone and gain mids with the hotter winds.  I went through a bunch and I ended up going back to vintage spec with a little more whack - the Seymour Duncan  1 
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14496
    Oil City Pickups Diamond Geezer. Full output rocks hard. Tapped output is Stratty sound with a bit more poke.

Seymour Duncan Antiquity and Antiquity II bridge position single coils are offered in a higher output version, c. 9k.

The Duncan STK-10b YJM Fury has a fuller sound thanks, in part, to its special polepiece magnet length “stagger” pattern. (This pickup is not appreciably louder than the traditional single coil unit. It just sounds less wiry.)
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    edited July 2020
    In that case I'd recommend a Dimarzio Chopper or a Duncan SSL-5 or 6
  • rze99 said:
    Careful what you wish for. You tend to lose cut and Strat tone and gain mids with the hotter winds.  I went through a bunch and I ended up going back to vintage spec with a little more whack - the Seymour Duncan  1 
    That does concern me a little, I was looking at the output of the JB jr earlier and it's mega hot. Had a look at the Dimarzio injector which is a stacked SC and it's closer to single coil output. 
  • nacnudnainacnudnai Frets: 246
    I've just had some Dimarzio SDS-1s delivered today. I've put them in the neck and middle, but from what I've played so far they definitely have a lot more poke - but they don't sound like a humbucker at all to my ears. I reckon one would sound ace in the bridge, and you can get them new for like £50. Could be worth a punt.
  • Jeddy3Jeddy3 Frets: 80
    I don't have one for sale but try Q pickups 'Monster' for bridge. Hand made in Croatia. The specs look like they'd be stupidly overwound but they are actually still very stratty with a beefier output. I have a set in my parts build. 
    rze99 said:
    That does concern me a little, I was looking at the output of the JB jr earlier and it's mega hot. Had a look at the Dimarzio injector which is a stacked SC and it's closer to single coil output. 
    You could always put a series/parallel wiring with a jb jr. No routing for a full humbucker? The sc sized buckers are always a compromise as they sample a smaller part of the string. Some can sound honky. 
  • Yeah it's routed for a full HB but I wasn't planning on changing the scratch plate. I suppose I could just buy a full HB and be done with it. 
  • JohnnysevenJohnnyseven Frets: 908
    I have a Dimarzio FS1 I am thinking of selling.
    My trading feedback can be seen here - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58242/
  • hairmetalhairmetal Frets: 319
    Another vote for Dimarzio FS1