Which mini switches for coil splitting?

What's Hot
For the Sambora inspired thing, it will be three humbucker and the Jersey star has two mini switches to split the humbuckers, what mini switches do I need.

Would it be easiest to go with three mini switches, one for each pickup? Im thinking JB at bridge and middle and a Jazz at the neck, same as the Jersey Star .or similar if I can get home grown......

Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14511
    edited July 2020
    Depends whether you require individual pickup splittage or a single switch to split all three simultaneously.

For the latter, a 4PDT on/on switch would do the job.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72505
    edited July 2020
    If you want to split all three pickups at once with a single switch you can do it with just a SPDT (or even a SPST!), but you need to rewire the pickup selector and tone controls as well.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3055
    thanks folks!
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll