Have Devi gone bust?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• randomhandclapsrandomhandclaps Frets: 20521
    Plus she had to re-solder the connection on her Webcam so the picture quality is pretty sketchy.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1620
    Is there fuzz?

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3451
    I admire her self-belief and confidence to change careers like she does. Like her I also loathe day jobs and having a boss, but I don't have the courage to do the change. Her pedals can't have been that bad considering the reviews they got and the fact she sold loads mostly on word of mouth. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Frets: 99
    edited July 2014
    Her pedals were certainly noticeable, and stood out a bit from the others purely because of the names and artwork, but they were, just from a build quality and reliability standpoint, terribly terribly shit. It is still gobsmacking that anyone could even concieve of asking money for/selling commercially some of the ones I have seen. And yeah, so you dont want to do a regular day job - fine, but sort it out for yourself, dont rely on others to foot the bill with unnecessary kickstarters. Judging by the podcast she does come across a pretty flakey, and she has my sympathies for whatevers going on, but she seems to have some peculiar idea that people owe it to her to support her
    The artist formerly known as WeAre138 at MusicRadar
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JohnPerry said:
    Is there fuzz?
    Too much to be usable apparently.
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22138
    I admire her self-belief and confidence to change careers like she does. Like her I also loathe day jobs and having a boss, but I don't have the courage to do the change. Her pedals can't have been that bad considering the reviews they got and the fact she sold loads mostly on word of mouth. 
    They were that bad. It wasn't a career change so much as 'I'm in a shitload of debt so I will sell my business'.

But don't feel bad. You too can have a career change like her. George, I believe in you. I know you have the drive and talent to jack off on webcams, tell people you're working on a shitty 8-bit game that's been in production for over two years and still has no screenshots, and putting up ads on virtual begging sites. 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26593
    edited July 2014
    Her pedals can't have been that bad considering the reviews they got and the fact she sold loads mostly on word of mouth. 
    Yeah, the pedals really were that bad from what I've seen. The thing is, her success with them is the ultimate expression of guitarists' workship of boutique stuff, especially when it comes to drive and fuzz pedals; they get ganked on a badly-made pedal, so they talk it up as being the greatest thing evah in the hopes that the price will go up enough to justify the fact that they bought it in the first place.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Yeah, the pedals really were that bad from what I've seen. The thing is, her success with them is the ultimate expression of guitarists' workship of boutique stuff, especially when it comes to drive and fuzz pedals; they get ganked on a badly-made pedal, so they talk it up as being the greatest thing evah in the hopes that the price will go up enough to justify the fact that they bought it in the first place.
    Oh my word, you have just sussed the meaning of life

Still, everyone has their thing right, people do the same with guitars/cars/jewelry I'm sure, just on different scales
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3451
    [quote]But don't feel bad. You too can have a career change like her. George, I believe in you. I know you have the drive and talent to jack off on webcams, tell people you're working on a shitty 8-bit game that's been in production for over two years and still has no screenshots, and putting up ads on virtual begging sites. [/quote]

Wow, who the fuck died and made you high guardian of the realm's morals? If she wants to jack off for money that's her business, not yours. As far as I know the ones who pony up the cash for her ventures are free not to do so. What more do you want? BTW, here's a good review from PG magazine - http://www.premierguitar.com/articles/19430-devi-ever-fx-drone-f-drone-review - and My Bloody Valentine, Tame Impala, Nels Cline, etc have all used her pedals in gigs and recording. I guess you know more than them about pedals and have tested Devi's range thoroughly, right? 

All this topic needs is some transphobia now.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
     jack off
    Have we all become horribly American now?
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719

It's just a jump to the left...
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited July 2014
    [quote]But don't feel bad. You too can have a career change like her. George, I believe in you. I know you have the drive and talent to jack off on webcams, tell people you're working on a shitty 8-bit game that's been in production for over two years and still has no screenshots, and putting up ads on virtual begging sites. [/quote]

Wow, who the fuck died and made you high guardian of the realm's morals? If she wants to jack off for money that's her business, not yours. As far as I know the ones who pony up the cash for her ventures are free not to do so. What more do you want?

And who gave you the task of deciding that people who don't like Devi are instantly transphobic and anti-sex worker? . 

Devi is free to do whatever she likes on cam, paint pictures of gerbils swimming, open a florist's stall whatever she likes. I merely took the piss out of your assertion that it was some big brave career move that she had made, when it looks to me like she fucked her own business, took a lot of free cash with nothing actually being produced, and then comes back begging for more cash for a shitty game. 

I've had Devi pedals and hated them. 
    8-|

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Lixarto said:
     jack off
    Have we all become horribly American now?
    Devi being American, it's not incorrect to use a word that she may use. #pedantryisfun :)

• Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445

Ew!!! GROSS!
  • randomhandclapsrandomhandclaps Frets: 20521

I've had plenty of Devi pedals and hated them. 

You've massive homo/transphobe, you!!!!!!!

Hold, does that make people who say Joyo pedals are shittily made big huge racists?  Is that why Octatonic get's all sulky when anyone says they don't get on with certain MI Audio pedals?

Personally I have loved every pedal I have ever tried that was made by anyone who is different to I.   O:-)

My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72364
    Maybe if Devi had good ideas and some interesting sounds, but such poor workmanship standards and business sense, she would have been better working as a developer for a proper manufacturer and then this whole mess wouldn't have happened...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6906
    Drew_fx;282729" said:
    georgenadaintl said:

Ew!!! GROSS!
    What is a Transexual? I asked my wife...

"Shut up and keep sucking!", she said.
    Previously known as stevebrum
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom