Possibly contentious - but, neck illusions? Waddawe reckon?

What's Hot
https://neckillusions.com/collections/teaching-tools/products/spektrum-creations-concept

I like the idea of a spektrum neck ... on a black guitar (Ibanez only make black guitars for lefties)...

that on the neck, and some white Tosin Abasi Fluence pickups ... pictorially describing "that large thing is full of lots of colours" ... they get mixed together and make whiteness... that then radiates out of the white f-holes... 

I like the idea, I fear if I did it I'd need to have a Pat Sharpe wig, a bumbag, and pantaloons

your thoughts? or artist renditions of this 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4141
    Well there’s plenty of fretboard sticker options out there that do a similar thing, not much risk by trying a set either!
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22954

I think I'd get a headache looking at that fretboard.

What might be useful would be a board that looked black most of the time, but you could light up chord shapes, scale patterns, triads, etc, or individual notes.  Someone's probably already done it.

• WezVWezV Frets: 16725
    Philly_Q said:

I think I'd get a headache looking at that fretboard.

What might be useful would be a board that looked black most of the time, but you could light up chord shapes, scale patterns, triads, etc, or individual notes.  Someone's probably already done it.

Optek fretlight
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22954
    WezV said:
    Optek fretlight
    D'oh.  Thanks Wez, how could I forget.  Not that I ever owned one, but they were heavily advertised.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72419
    WezV said:

Optek fretlight
    I worked on one of those fairly recently. One of the rotary switches was broken, and I had to work out a way of fixing it since I couldn’t find an exact replacement. Be warned if you’re ever thinking of buying one! I would avoid unless in perfect working order...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7293
    as you’re in standard tuning( E–A–D–G–B–E ), you’re good to go.

Fucking fail.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom