What would it take to repair this?

What's Hot
Local sale of a Godin that needs a bit of work. Seller is being entirely honest about it, and only recommends anyone buys it if they want to put a lot of work into it.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/283247976460185/
I'm wondering what sorting the bridge would need. I've not idea if it would mean realignment, a drop in replacement, or some woodwork. Any ideas? I know it's a bit of a guess from pictures.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14465
    Woodwork, for sure. 

The wood around one of the threaded inserts for the pivot post has been split or crushed. 

The repair involves filling and redrilling of one insert hole using a bench drill to ensure that it will be perpendicular to the top of the guitar body. 

Some attempt would need to be made to get the new wood to match the original finish colour scheme.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7771
    It may be as easy as drilling the current post hole out a bit, plugging with a hardwood dowel, redrill and a bit of black on top.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72420
    Easy. Fit a Floyd Rose.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DeeTeeDeeTee Frets: 764
    edited July 2020
    ICBM said:
    Easy. Fit a Floyd Rose.
    Pfft. I'd want to fix it, not ruin it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom