Studio upgrade.

I've changed things around in the UK studio, which is the addition of an Avid MTRX.
This thing is a beast.

It is primarily a Pro Tools HDX interface but it does so much more than that.
For those that aren't familiar the MTRX is a rebadged DAD AX32- DAD being Digital Audio Denmark.
It has the best conversion quality I've heard and a plethora of analogue and digital interfacing options.

It is also a 1500x1500 channel digital patchbay, speaks Dante, MADI (optical and coax) and there are options for sample rate conversion of incoming digital signals.

I am in the process of moving to a Dolby Atmos workflow so it can easily deal with quite high channel counts for 9.1.4 or higher speaker configurations.
It also acts as a monitor controller- so all my preamps, outboard and speakers attach to it (although still via the analogue patch bays) and I can use an application called DADman to control all the IO.

I'm writing this up for Production Expert sites and reviewing the MOM (Monitor Operating Module) as part of the process, which is a freely configurable controller with multiple layers and lots of scope for customisation.

I've only had a couple of days with it so far but it is pretty positive thus far.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments