SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB Valley arts 24 fret with a floyd

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• allenallen Frets: 710
    They have a pre-owned GJ2 Glendora in world guitars if it’s of any interest:

https://worldguitars.co.uk/collections/guitars/products/gj2-guitars-glendora-sonic-blue

Looks good but 25.5 scale length. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • allen said:
    They have a pre-owned GJ2 Glendora in world guitars if it’s of any interest:

https://worldguitars.co.uk/collections/guitars/products/gj2-guitars-glendora-sonic-blue

Looks good but 25.5 scale length. 
    Ahh bugger!!
    And add a Friedman no ho 24 to the list. It seems to be a select shredder that's been rebranded.
  • JGCJGC Frets: 157
    barnstorm said:
    An Anderson would be the classiest option IMO, if money isn’t a consideration.

never played an Anderson shorty but they are fine guitars in general and arguably the next best thing to a VA imho, the benefit with an Anderson is they can be picked up at a lower price point than a VA ( which has a certain cache about it ), albeit finding one with the 24.75 scale restricts availablility significantly....
  • Did you ever pick up your VA @allen ?
    Have one in the post so I've been scouring the old threads!
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
    No I didn't get one in the end. 

I bought a GJ2 Shredder to scratch my shred guitar with a floyd itch.

Nowhere near as classy, but it's a great guitar in its own right.

Which one are you getting?
  • tekbowtekbow Frets: 1699
    FYI, for those looking for suitable VA substitute

John being the son of Mike.

Not Cheap, but how much are original USA VAs?

• tekbow said:

That valley pro is totally sick , how amazing does it look , you could defo channel Steve Lukather through that 
  • MarchMarch Frets: 286
    tekbow said:

Unfortunately it would appear that they are already out of business. I own Valley Pro 008 and I do not think many more than that were made. Mine is the actual guitar Shawn Tubbs reviews on his You Tube channel.

Whilst it is (now) a fantastic guitar, loud acoustically, it just rings, the ebony board is pretty darn thick too and the birds eye maple used for the neck is beautiful, as is the spray job (and very thinly applied). However some of the details and final touches were incredibly sloppy, for instance one of the scratchplate screws lives under the fingerboard overhang, so the neck needs to come off should you need to take the pickguard off. As received, the locking nut shelf had not been cut low enough meaning lower position chords were way out of tune. Additionally the fingerboard edges were so sharp they would cause you pain when playing. All issues have been resolved (except the errant screw), but these are the small details that you expect to be spot on what was at full RRP a $4500 guitar. It's not a guitar I intend to part with anytime soon and may be the issues I outline above are limited to my guitar, but if one does pop up second hand I would recommend considering my experiences.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Wow  such a shame about those flaws  and them going out of business ,at that price it’s essential that it arrives in absolutely perfect playable condition . Such a shame as I always lusted after them when seeing them in the Steve Lukather adverts , that color with the gold hardware is amazing

• There's a red one in projectmusic at the minute!
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom