Squier mini P bass

What's Hot
MartinBushMartinBush Frets: 252
In the long term I hope to get a bass and had been considering a Squier Bronco. I appreciate that they may not be the best, but I am sure something like that will do for me and what I would use it for (just a bit of home recording).

However I have noticed that Squier now do a "mini" precision. What size would those be? Same size as a Bronco or smaller? 

If or when I do get a bass it would be good to have a smaller one, but not so small that it looks comedic! 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• the_butlerthe_butler Frets: 107
    edited July 2020
    I picked up an encore E20 a few years ago for £80 new from amazon, seems to have similar specs only a 30" scale compared to the squier's 28.6", but it's reasonable considering what I paid for it

It is tiny however only a couple of inches longer than my strat, I think the ibanez mikros are thought of of the 'best' budget short scale basses

I wish 32" p basses were more common I find 30" a touch too small & 34" too long, 32" would probably be the sweet spot
  • Balrog68Balrog68 Frets: 100
    edited August 2020
    I've got a 2017 Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass, 30" Scale, Comfortable to play, and doesn't look ridiculous.
    I play that just as much as my 34" Jazz. 
    https://i.imgur.com/yNdJAxR.jpg
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Seymour1Seymour1 Frets: 85
    Bronco scale length is 30" while mini P is 28.6" . Bronco is great fun to play but pick ups are not great so you may need a pick up upgrade or effects pedal depending on the sound you want.
    On the recommendation of @ICBM I got a SF300 fuzz which goes really well with the Bronco
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72333
    The great thing about an SF300 is that when you turn it on, it becomes impossible to tell whether you’re playing a £150 short-scale Squier or a £2K Rickenbacker, which is not bad for £25 :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom