Les Paul style Stop Tails

What's Hot
Perhaps i'm not looking in the right places but does anyone know where I can get a Stop Tail thats 80mm between the posts rather than 82mm? I've an old Jedson LP copy that carries some sentimental value and i'd like to replace the stop tail as its looking a bit tired (and i'd possibly like to try top wrapping if for no other reason than I like the look).
I've tried all the usual suspects (stewmac, allparts etc) to no avail.
Anybody got any ideas?
ta
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11599
    tFB Trader
    That is ultra hard to find as it is narrower than any "normal one"
    Normal is 82mm between centres of mounting posts

Same with Tunamatic bridges.
    Gibson bridge dimensions:
                                   studs space; holes diam.

ABR-1 (Inch)           73,6mm,        3,65mm

ABRN, (Nashville)   74,4mm,        4,35mm

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• spev11spev11 Frets: 333
    Yeah it's a bit of a pain, i've got a spare 82mm spaced stop here , I suppose i could try opening up the holes a little, wonder if it will be ok once its under tension, only 1mm per side, as long as i'm careful and take the same amount away each side.
    No harm in trying is there?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Andyjr1515Andyjr1515 Frets: 3127
    spev11 said:
    Yeah it's a bit of a pain, i've got a spare 82mm spaced stop here , I suppose i could try opening up the holes a little, wonder if it will be ok once its under tension, only 1mm per side, as long as i'm careful and take the same amount away each side.
    No harm in trying is there?
    That would work fine.  Just make sure that, once filed, it slides over the posts unrestricted and so pulls fully home against the posts.