The One Make Pedalboard

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3672
    I'd probably do it with EHX or BOSS. I really like EHX's stuff and people are very snobby about BOSS for some reason. They are on a LOT of Pro pedal boards. BOSS wahs are terrible though.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    BOSS wahs are terrible though.
    The old FW one isn't too bad, but it is the size of a shoe box and weighs a ton.
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11451
    The Strymon guys used to be Damage Control as far as I know.  Problem solved.  Damage Control drive boxes and Strymon verbs, mods delays etc.

• kelvinburnkelvinburn Frets: 156
    Red Witch
  • JDEJDE Frets: 1092
    I have basically just "accidentally" (ie - I wasn't planning on doing it at first, it just happened) made an all-Boss pedalboard. I've just got a few non-Boss OD's that I actually really like, but to be honest, I'm so fed up of cycling through different OD's I might just go back to Boss. I'm probably going to go back to all-Solid State amps, too. I think the Boss stuff sounds a lot better through SS amps.

Couple of drives, a couple of delay pedals and I'm done, tbh. The rest is just sprinkles for me.
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    ooh, a hard one between Xotic (no delay pedal yet), TC and Mad Professor. Ok, TC Electronic.
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8709
    edited July 2014
    Drew_fx said: Isn't this basically the pedalboard anti-christ??

Wait until they add up the price and then you can whisper "
    Axe FX"
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBM;279798" said:
    ThePrettyDamned said:Have you used the Digitech grunge? It's been years, but I remember thinking it was good fun and sounded nice... Wpuld be interested to know what it's based on.

From memory it's pretty much the same as the DOD Grunge, but not really like anything else.

It scared my cat :).
    Lol!

Well, it has some use then, though I don't need any help when it comes to repelling... Cats.

I kinda want one now. I definitely used it for metal, back then I didn't play anything other than Metallica and I remember liking it...

• Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2359
    Well, it has some use then, though I don't need any help when it comes to repelling... Cats.

I do, the bastards keep digging in my garden and taking dumps in it. For a nice twist on it there seem to be two of them, so one takes a dump and the other gets annoyed and digs it up (along with half my plants).

I guess the only thing more annoying than having to clean up your own pet's crap is having to clean up someone else's... :))
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Ehx is a good shout actually, wouldn't mind that board at all!
  • Juan Solo, the Pete Cornish of the north!
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22138
    Boss would be doable if I could get a VB-2 for a low price...

Diamond most definitely. Vibrato, delays, compressor, drives...

Juan Solo or Made by Mike for the homegrown builders board. 

EHX would also work. 

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    ICBM said:
    I'd have to go Boss.

It's the only company I can think of with really good delay with tap tempo that also has non-shitty OD and Distortion.

Maybe Visual Sound?
    Digitech?
    I thought of them but they don't have much reputation for delays, unless I've forgotten something obvious? A pedalboard based around a Whammy and Bad Monkey could be fun :)
    The Digidelay is fairly similar (to my ear) to a Boss DD-6, I have both and could easily use just the Digi

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    I use the digitech timebender as my main delay and love it, I'm borderline campaigning to get it more recognition haha
  • Flanging_FredFlanging_Fred Frets: 3025
    I've run an all Boss pedal board lately, TU2 DS1 CE2 DD7 RC2.  Got to say it was rather fun really.
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11877
    edited July 2014
    wrong thread
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    Skreddy