best acoustic Preamps?

Hi all,

I'm on the hunt for one of these.
I was looking at the Boss AD10 but I can't seem to use  standard pedal power supplies with it, and I do have a few other things on the acoustic board.
Ideally it would have a compressor, some reverb and some EQ. Feedback rejection would also be awesome.
I want to use it with a looper, so might need an fx loop if it does have  compression.

Ideas?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33806
    There is no best but maybe try one of the following:

Fishman Aura Spectrum DI
    LR Baggs Para Acoustic D.I.
    Radial Tonebone PZ-Pre Acoustic Preamp
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72494

I was looking at the Boss AD10 but I can't seem to use  standard pedal power supplies with it, and I do have a few other things on the acoustic board.
    Ideally it would have a compressor, some reverb and some EQ. Feedback rejection would also be awesome.
    I want to use it with a looper, so might need an fx loop if it does have  compression.

Ideas?
    The Boss AD-10 takes a standard 9V centre-negative power supply. I can't remember the actual current draw - the manual says 300mA, but I think it's a bit less. It has EQ, looper, compressor, reverb and anti-feedback onboard.

There's a second hand one for sale in Strung Out Guitars in Glasgow for £179 if you're interested. info@strungoutguitars.com

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• KeefyKeefy Frets: 2289
    You could consider the Valeton Dapper Acoustic Mini - EQ with notch filter (to kill feedback), compressor, reverb, tuner, XLR out. Works from a 9V supply but needs 500mA. Goes for £90-£100.

• Fishman Platinum Pro. I have used it live a lot and it's a lovely bit of kit. Has everything you asked for except reverb.

I'm just a Maserati in a world of Kias.
  • I'm using a Fly Rig Acoustic at my long-lost open mic sessions and I'm very happy with it. No FX loop, but it has everything else you asked about, runs on 9-12V DC centre negative, and is quite small. My pickup is a K&K Pure Mini.