Which audio interface

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• Yeah I wasn't sending the signal to my monitors so have changed that to SPDIF with a custom mix with Spotify playing. I now have sound!! Sounds a lot different to the 1x12 cabinet I've got! The levels are pretty well balanced too didn't have to tinker too much.

Next step is Zoom - got a lesson tonight I want to get to get the set up right for. If my input and output is the Focusrite all guitar signal should go through this and they should hear that on their side, right?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Only I forget to get a mic clip with my stand...D'oh!
  • LestratcasterLestratcaster Frets: 1093
    edited August 2020
    Ok one more thing now. Zoom or my laptop in general doesn't seem to be picking up the interface audio via SPDIF. I tried recording some quick test clips but they only play back the video but with no sound. Couldn't test it properly with a guitar student either as they didn't show up for their lesson lol. But I would have expected them to say they can't hear my guitar. It's coming out the monitors but do I have to configure something else so the person on the other side of Zoom can hear it too?

EDIT: I think Zoom may not be advanced enough to detect an SPDIF input so I think I may have to use the analogue inputs on the front (1/4 to XLR) :

Oh well I need to get a mic clip anyway for my stand!
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7300
    oh that kinda sucks, zoom is looking at the individual inputs not the mix you have setup. You could try "same as system" I guess
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • LestratcasterLestratcaster Frets: 1093
    edited August 2020
    Same as system meaning the computer audio?

If I can't do that then will 1 x 1/4 to XLR cable in mono be ok into the front of the Focusrite? I don't really wanna have to exchange the 8i6 for an 18i8 for the sake of 2 extra ports. Stereo isn't really necessary for Zoom, though say I wanna record something on my laptop webcam I wouldn't need the other XLR port anymore.